history haina basa is a sexual liberation expression that is often used by some Zim women to emphasize that you shouldn't have to worry about having fun from early in your 20s because that won't significantly affect your chances of settling down (kuroorwa) when you are ready to do so, since you can always move to places where people don't know much about you.

Or if you are on social media you should avoid posting your situationships, your entanglements, and all that stuff, m'kay. This way your high body count will be a whole lot harder to calculate, and if asked you use the magic number 3. Why? Well, duh. It works like clockwork.

On the other hand, the reason many Zimbo men almost never say or openly object to this phrase is that hookup culture exponentially increases the chances of sexual encounters; however, the irony is that when most Zim men want to settle down (kuroora) they will do a 180—drawing a line in the sand—and adopt a new mentality i.e., "History ine basa," and in figurative language that means "body count matters."

Conclusion​

Ah, yes... it's no wonder some people think hookup culture is a little toxic.

I mean like, don't you think so? I am pretty sure some of y'all do. Well, maybe.
Author
Nolwazi Kwayedza
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Nolwazi Kwayedza