question Are The Terms "IG Model" Or "Instagram Model" Derogatory?

Bla Jedza

apprentice
How often do social media influencers find it derogatory when referred to as either an IG model or Instagram model instead of just being called a model or a social media influencer?

Queen

grand master
The interpretation of "IG model" means something different depending on who you ask.

Although, many people now think if someone is an IG model, then they must have at least gone to the Middle-East to party with Dubai sponsors.

Which may be true to particular IG influencers, but not all.

And those who have done nothing with rich sponsors may feel being called an "IG model" is a disgrace and won't like the idea of being branded as Instagram models.

So being called a "social media influencer" will pretty much be better preference to them instead of the term IG model.

Last edited:

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
We all know what many IG models do to make money. People who make an honest living don't spend most of their time posting thirst-traps on social media.

The main purpose of thirst-trapping is to attract what I call "bankable attention" which of course, is self-explanatory.

Scorpio

grand master
I'd define "Instagram models" as people who are heavily into self-objectification because all they do most of the time is invest so much effort into fishing for compliments in the form of social media likes.

In other words, I don't think there is anything disparaging when clearly explaining the motive behind someone's actions without any bias.

Last edited:

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I'd define "Instagram models" as people who are heavily into self-objectification because all they do most of the time is invest so much effort into fishing for compliments in the form of social media likes.

Exactly, and to add on to what you have just said — notice how IG models have a habit of writing captions which have nothing to do in relation with the actual image they have posted.

For example, writing a caption about encouraging young people to work hard yet the image in the post is them showing their ass or legs wide open while barely clothed.

Scorpio

grand master
Exactly, and to add on to what you have just said — notice how IG models have a habit of writing captions which have nothing to do in relation with the actual image they have posted.

For example, writing a caption about encouraging young people to work hard yet the image in the post is them showing their ass or legs wide open while barely clothed.

It's because the modern reality on social media is slowly pushing the agenda of young women expressing their sexuality through IG thirst-traps and all that stuff being called body empowerment.

I find it both strange and confusing.

Bla Jedza

apprentice
It's because the modern reality on social media is slowly pushing the agenda of young women expressing their sexuality through IG thirst-traps and all that stuff being called body empowerment.

Are you saying the Illuminati has something to do with that?

Black Panther

grand master

I find it both strange and confusing.

On social media some people tend do what they want and it shouldn't bother anyone else what the next person is doing.

Scorpio

grand master
On social media some people tend do what they want and it shouldn't bother anyone else what the next person is doing.

The problem is how social media is making it the norm which is partially why most relationships don't work. You got oans now turning club girls into housewives.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
The problem is how social media is making it the norm which is partially why most relationships don't work. You got oans now turning club girls into housewives.

it's because most of these IG socialites deceive guys a lot, they know what guys wanna see.

They are the same IG socialites you'd see in church jumping on Sundays. They pretend a lot and at the end it's either the marriage won't last or they package it with juju.

Queen

grand master
it's because most of these IG socialites deceive guys a lot, they know what guys wanna see.

They are the same IG socialites you'd see in church jumping on Sundays. They pretend a lot and at the end it's either the marriage won't last or they package it with juju.

The bottom line is -- it is not a matter of one being an IG socialite or not, whoever wants to get married will be married.