Question Are There Major Record Labels in Zimbabwe?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Are there any major recording companies in Zimbabwe?

Hell to the Naw Naw.

There are plenty of Indie labels in Zimbabwe which operate on a scale of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that's all.

How would y'all oans describe labels like
  • Chillspot Recordz
  • Tazoita Cash Records
  • Bad Company Records
  • Military Touch Movement
  • Gunhill Studios
  • Hot Property
  • etc.

How would y'all oans describe labels like

• Chillspot Recordz
  • Tazoita Cash Records
  • Bad Company Records
  • Military Touch Movement
  • Gunhill Studios
  • Hot Property
  • etc.
Be serious, my guy. 🥴

I don't know why you have listed down those Zimdancehall record labels. 🤡

Even though Zimdancehall music is currently the most popular genre of music in Zim right now.

There is no Zim record label that has the capacity to constitute the meaning of what a major record label is. Just as @Bla Jedza and @Borrowdale Barron already said.

Maybe in the year 2070 somewhere there, things might change. I don't know what the future holds. So let's just wait and see.

Major record labels operate on a global scale not just on a national or regional level.

This is why it's next to impossible to name a single successful Zimbabwean record label that has demonstrated any financial means to do so for decades upon decades on a regional level.

What more on a global playing field?

Of course, this doesn't conclude to say Zim musicians aren't dedicated to their craft. It's only a matter of looking closely at reality and stating facts as they are.

••