Can A Modern Christian Be Rich Without Tithing?

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Numero Uno

grand master
There are numerous prophets and pastors who say in order for a Christian to be prosperous they have to somehow find ways to tithe regularly and use some of their hard-earned money in church offerings. Do y'all oans agree with this type of message?

Shamiso

initiate
Prosperity is not tied to finance and money alone... There is health, happiness, long life, and what have you.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Do atheists spend money on tithes, no -- do they prosper, yes they do. So I completely disagree with any pastor's preaching message to say one can't be rich if they don't tithe.

Scorpio

grand master
But isn't charity indirect tithing?

There is nothing like indirect tithing. You either tithe or not. If it’s not up to or even more than 10%, it is not tithing -- it's an offering. Moreso, if it is 10% but not taken to the church, it’s charity.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
There is nothing like indirect tithing. You either tithe or not. If it’s not up to or even more than 10%, it is not tithing -- it's an offering. Moreso, if it is 10% but not taken to the church, it’s charity.

There are many ways to tithe, giving to widows, orphans, priests, and so on.

Bla Jedza

apprentice
I guess some of you oans should read Malachi 3:8-12 which basically says:
  • [8] Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
  • [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
  • [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
  • [11] And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts
  • [12] And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Numero Uno

grand master
I guess some of you oans should read Malachi 3:8-12 which basically says:
  • [8] Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
  • [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
  • [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
  • [11] And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts
  • [12] And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Can y'all summarize this?

Shamiso

initiate
Do atheists spend money on tithes, no -- do they prosper, yes they do. So I completely disagree with any pastor's preaching message to say one can't be rich if they don't tithe.

The Bible says the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow. Therefore, check out the life of these people you are mentioning, there will always a limitation perhaps in the form of sickness, depression, etc.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Can y'all summarize this?

Malachi 3:8-12 simply refers to how the Israelites weren't tithing based on the law Moses. Hence, in those verses, Jehovah is saying the Israelites are robbing him since they aren't fulfilling their covenant.

Furthermore, Jehovah proceeds to say if the Israelites continue to tithe as they should he will bless them abundantly and put aside all curses brought about by not tithing.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
The Bible says the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow. Therefore, check out the life of these people you are mentioning, there will always a limitation perhaps in the form of sickness, depression, etc.

BTW, Christians who tithe also get sick, depressed, etc... what are you talking about?! ?

Numero Uno

grand master

Abeg, tithing can also be in different forms. Imagine feeding people every month out of your own pocket is that not going to make God happy? Chegumi doesn’t always have to be given in church.

Black Panther

grand master
Abeg, tithing can also be in different forms. Imagine feeding people every month out of your own pocket is that not going to make God happy? Chegumi doesn’t always have to be given in church.

They will tell you such is not tithing and no blessing is attached to such...except you give to the church. Some preachers see chegumi as an avenue to make money, which is wrong, and so it discourages those who are willing to tithe.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.