Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Numero Uno

grand master
Atlantic Records Hip Hop artiste Cardi B has finally released her new debut album "Invasion of Privacy."

Invasion of Privacy finally dropped and it’s already doing numbers — the album is already certified gold, making her the first female artist to achieve a Gold-certified album on the day of its release.

The Tracklist of Invasion of Privacy is:
  1. Get Up 10
  2. Drip (Ft. Migos)
  3. Bickenhead
  4. Bodak Yellow
  5. Be Careful
  6. Best Life (Feat. Chance The Rapper)
  7. I Like It (Feat. J. Balvin & Bad Bunny)
  8. Ring (Feat. Kehlani)
  9. Money Bag
  10. She Bad (Feat. YG)
  11. Bartier Cardi (Feat. 21 Savage)
  12. Thru Your Phone
  13. I Do (Feat. SZA)

Black Panther

grand master
If this isn't the biggest fact when it comes to Cardi B's career. She spent like all season tryna get DJ Self to take her serious, look at her now.

Scorpio

grand master
I really like Cardi B's personality. She's real but her songs just sound the same. And that's the problem with the new school rappers.

Black Panther

grand master
Cardi B has finally released her new debut album "Invasion of Privacy."

Invasion of Privacy finally dropped and it’s already doing numbers. The album hasn't even been out for a full 24 hours, and it’s reportedly already one for the books as far as the RIAA is concerned.

Cardi B's album is already certified gold, making her the first female artist to achieve a Gold-certified album on the day of its release. Cardi B's quick certification is all thanks to this technicality.

The Tracklist of Invasion of Privacy is:
  1. Get Up 10
  2. Drip (Ft. Migos)
  3. Bickenhead
  4. Bodak Yellow
  5. Be Careful
  6. Best Life (Feat. Chance The Rapper)
  7. I Like It (Feat. J. Balvin & Bad Bunny)
  8. Ring (Feat. Kehlani)
  9. Money Bag
  10. She Bad (Feat. YG)
  11. Bartier Cardi (Feat. 21 Savage)
  12. Thru Your Phone
  13. I Do (Feat. SZA)

Hold up, so because of how big Bodak Yellow was and they placed it on the album, it automatically went gold? Not because of the other songs?

Scorpio

grand master
So pretty much the Gold certification status for Cardi B's album was based on one song not the album as a whole... I guess that's a smart move by her team.

Numero Uno

grand master
So pretty much the Gold certification status for Cardi B's album was based on one song not the album as a whole... I guess that's a smart move by her team.

All the haters that were saying she is going to be a one-hit-wonder, damn where are all the haters that said her 15 minutes are up ??? Y'all eating y'all words huh?

Black Panther

grand master
All the haters that were saying she is going to be a one-hit-wonder, damn where are all the haters that said her 15 minutes are up ??? Y'all eating y'all words huh?

She put the single 'Bodak Yellow' out months ago which went 5x platinum. She added that to her album almost a year later and they are counting all the Bodak Yellow sales.

So technically it’s not true album sales that made her go Gold this fast. Happy for her but it’s not 100% true and a slap to other artists.

Scorpio

grand master
She put the single 'Bodak Yellow' out months ago which went 5x platinum. She added that to her album almost a year later and they are counting all the Bodak Yellow sales.

So technically it’s not true album sales that made her go Gold this fast. Happy for her but it’s not 100% true and a slap to other artists.

Exactly I get that streams are a thing now and it can be useful but it’s just embarrassing now if we’re being real.

Black Panther

grand master
Exactly I get that streams are a thing now and it can be useful but it’s just embarrassing now if we’re being real.

Proud of her, and Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy it'll go platinum from real sales of the album, but I don't think it's right that an album can go gold before it's even released, all because of ONE song's streaming numbers.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Numero Uno

grand master
Proud of her, and Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy it'll go platinum from real sales of the album, but I don't think it's right that an album can go gold before it's even released, all because of ONE song's streaming numbers.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Drake has been doing that for years. Puts three big singles (platinum ) on the album to run the numbers up.

Numero Uno

grand master

Cardi B, not the only artist who adds hit singles to their album. Drake, Nicki, and others did it as well, so stop being haters.

We live in a streaming era, where artists get their sales by us paying streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify to stream music and which add to their sales.

Scorpio

grand master
Cardi B not the only artist who add hit singles to their album. Drake, Nicki and others did it as well, so stop being haters. We live in a streaming era, where artists get their sales by us paying streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify to stream music and which add to their sales.

Yeah it is played out but the reason her album went gold is because of the plays Bodak Yellow already has it go towards the album.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Wait so it was because she put Bodak Yellow on the album. Who is on her marketing team because I never heard of this before.

This is the best strategic move. Even though it might not have gotten gold within 24 hrs because of real plays that were a good move because she still is RIAA certified at the end of the day.

Black Panther

grand master
Wait so it was because she put Bodak Yellow on the album. Who is on her marketing team because I never heard of this before.

This is the best strategic move. Even though it might not have gotten gold within 24 hrs because of real plays that were a good move because she still is RIAA certified at the end of the day.

Of course, it did. The music and artists of this generation don't have to be good to be successful.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.