Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Nigerian afrobeat musician Davido touched down in Harare where he was welcomed by the Zimbabwean socialite and businessman Genius Kadungure (aka Ginimbi). Davido is set to perform in Harare at the "30 Billion Show," alongside other Zimbabwean recording artists such as Jah Prayzah, ExQ, Killer T and so many more.

Attachments

• Davido All White Party With Ginimbi.jpg
    Davido All White Party With Ginimbi.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 372
  • Davido in Harare with Genius Kadungure.jpg
    Davido in Harare with Genius Kadungure.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 146
  • davido in zimbabwe.jpg
    davido in zimbabwe.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 133

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
The last time Davido failed to come to Zimbabwe to perform. He was scheduled to share the center stage with Jah Prayzah during the time when Jah Prayzah collaborated with Davido on the song "My Lily." Now, it looks like this season Genius Kadungure made things happen for Davido to come to Harare, Zimbabwe. I guess Davido was well paid by Genius Kadungure.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
@Borrowdale Barron that goes without saying. Davido is an Afrobeat recording artist and obviously, when he does shows or concerts he sure is getting paid otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to come to Zimbabwe.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
@Lenard yeah, but the way Genius Kadungure has been promoting Davido to come to Zimbabwe is the way I think Genius Kadungure should also sponsor or promote local Zimdancehall artists or Zim hip-hop rappers.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Mudiwa Hood is one of those Zim hip-hop gospel artists that I don't understand. Aren't hip-hop gospel rappers suppose to be humble and sanctified compared to Zim hip-hop rappers like Stunner, Cal_Vin, Takura, Jnr Brown, Tehn Diamond, ExQ, etc? Besides that my point still remains why doesn't Genius Kadungure start a record label to help Zim artists?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
@Borrowdale Barron Ginimbi donated money during "Winky D's Gombwe album launch" and Ginimbi also did the same thing for Killer T's album "Mashoko Anopfuura album launch," I don't know if these Zimdancehall artists actually end up getting the money or not, erm, that I don't know. But if they end up receiving the money from Genius Kadungure then what more do you want him to do?

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
@Lenard Look there's nothing wrong with Genius Kadungure if he wants to bring afrobeat or Afropop artists. At the end of the day, that's his money and he is free to spend it in whichever way he likes.