C10

Discussion thread: Central Intelligence Organisation of Zimbabwe

S

Sharon Moyo

Mangonjo being synonymous with C10 that's perfectly fine because mangonjo just means police.

And isn't it well understood that the Central Intelligence Organisation of Zimbabwe also acts as a secret police?

T

Takesure Chigwedere

It seems to me that calling the CIO a secret police agency would be misleading, since an agency that monitors but does not enforce the law is not a 'secret police,' as far as I am concerned.

Additionally, saying the CIO is a secret police agency (i.e. the Gestapo) would also imply the organization exists primarily to suppress opposition political parties from dismantling the current regime.

Scorpio

grand master
@Borrowdale Barron What about the CID (Criminal Investigation Department), y'all think that's also mangonjo?

@Borrowdale Barron, he's right that the Criminal Investigation Department falls under the Zimbabwe Republic Police.

But to be more precise the slang term for a CID officer is Dhikazi ("detective" in English).

OccupationZim slang term
CID officer, informant, etc.Dhikazi or mudhikazi
CIO officer, director-general, etc.mu C10, muorimbieni, orimbiyeni or olympian
Regular degular ZRP officersMangonjo

Olympian (orimbieni or orimbiyeni), in this case, that's chibhende for a C10, which is derived from the International Olympic Committee ("IOC") but becomes CIO when the letters are rearranged. Normally, when texting and such, boyz dze tonazi that's their modus operandi. They are very fond of that anagram when it's time for bosh.

Bla Jedza

apprentice
It seems to me that calling the CIO a secret police agency would be misleading, since an agency that monitors but does not enforce the law is not a 'secret police,' as far as I am concerned.

The Central Intelligence Organisation isn't quite like, for example, the British MI5 (Military Intelligence 5).

The MI5 kinda does what you have written there about not making arrests and enforcing the law.

S

Sharon Moyo

The Central Intelligence Organisation isn't quite like, for example, the British MI5 (Military Intelligence 5).

The MI5 kinda does what you have written there about not making arrests and enforcing the law.

While I don't want to get too far into semantics, isn't "abductions" a more befitting word instead of "arrests?"

M

Mabrijo

While I don't want to get too far into semantics, isn't "abductions" a more befitting word instead of "arrests?"

To be fair, there has been too much fake news, pseudohistory, and conspiracy theories throughout the years about the CIO carrying out abductions, because that's how some but not all Human Rights activists in Zimbabwe convince their foreign donors to give them more money.

Even the late president R.G. Mugabe mentioned it in an interview when he was talking about the "Lovemore Madhuku Strategy", as it were.

Latest resources