Do ZRP officers have to learn law during recruitment?

recommended
They learn basic, basic criminal law and how to enforce it based on the constitution including step-by-step procedures for dealing with various offenders e.g., armed robbers, inebriated persons, criminal suspects, white-collar crime, etc.

They are also encouraged to continuously cultivate their minds about the criminal code because it's not like recruits (rookies) are gonna grasp everything all together like clockwork from the get-go.

Black Panther

grand master
They learn basic, basic criminal law and how to enforce it based on the constitution including step-by-step procedures for dealing with various offenders e.g., armed robbers, inebriated persons, criminal suspects, white-collar crime, etc.

They are also encouraged to continuously cultivate their minds about the criminal code because it's not like recruits (rookies) are gonna grasp everything all together like clockwork from the get-go.

recommended

Scorpio

grand master
What does the Zimbabwe Republic Police rank structure look like?

Here is the ZRP rank structure from top to bottom:
  • Commissioner General of ZRP
  • Deputy Commissioner General of ZRP
  • Commissioner of ZRP
  • Assistant Commissioner
  • Chief Superintendent
  • Superintendent
  • Chief Inspector
  • Inspector
  • Assistant Inspector
  • Sergeant Major
  • Sergeant
  • Constable

Queen

grand master
What do you mean duh? That ain't helping much.

Of course, they do. Honestly, y'all oans should sometimes chill and meditate before posting new shinda. I mean how can one be part of law enforcement and not understand when a citizen or immigrant is acting out of self-interest in ways that are harmful to society or themselves? Hence ZRP officers are taught how to deal with cases ranging from homicide, rape, robbery, etc.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Of course, they do. Honestly, y'all oans should sometimes chill and meditate before posting new shinda. I mean how can one be part of law enforcement and not understand when a citizen or immigrant is acting out of self-interest in ways that are harmful to society or themselves? Hence ZRP officers are taught how to deal with cases ranging from homicide, rape, robbery, etc.

I don't get your point of saying an individual is being "harmful... to themselves." Why should that be a crime if they are NOT hurting anyone in the process or vandalizing property that belongs to another entity?

Black Panther

grand master
I don't get your point of saying an individual is being "harmful... to themselves." Why should that be a crime if they are NOT hurting anyone in the process or vandalizing property that belongs to another entity?

If a person attempts suicide law enforcement will most likely get involved given that the incident is reported.

However, sometimes that might not be the case—witnesses can keep quiet about it for whatever reason.