First date murume anofanira kushandisa mari yakawanda sei?

recommended
Generally speaking, most people should refrain from spending 3 times more money on brunches, romantic dinners, etc relative to what they make per hour. For example, if you make $20 an hour you ought not to go beyond $60 or more on your first date.

You clearly can't afford that lifestyle. You just want to show off but the question remains: will you be able to maintain the standard you have set in regards to future dates? Eh, probably not, and that's the entire point I am making.

Any person that expects you to spend more than that is definitely out of your league.

They are pretty much high maintenance just like what @Chidinma pointed out in her post.

Scorpio

grand master
The first date is about getting to know the person. Later on, perhaps somewhere between £200 to £400 is a good amount to spend. However, just because you got money doesn’t mean you should increase the rate of spending drastically, it’ll run out just as fast as a careless fool loses his gwalangwa as soon as he gets it.

Chidinma

I somewhat agree with @Scorpio, you don't have to spend too much money the first time y'all meet especially if you are taking her to the beach, a park, a coffee shop, your local church, or your house.

No woman in her right mind is gonna agree to come to a man's house on a first date.

That's a clear red flag. It's no longer a normal date from that time onwards. It's a hook-up.

S

Skweeeeeeya

An ideal first date consists of getting to know one another rather than spending as much money as possible because:
  • despite your best efforts, it's not guaranteed that you'll even get along after the first date.
  • neither one of you is sure that you all are who you truly say you are.
@Scorpio why in the world should anyone spend around £200 to £400 (or USD) on an unsure thing?

Chidinma

Men and women should live within their means.

Another point I wish to make is that every man needs to be aware of the kind of woman he is dealing with. There are some women who don't even try to hide the fact that they are high maintenance. If you see those signs you should use common sense. You are better off settling for someone else if you don't have deep pockets.

There are also some women who may pretend to be down to earth but best believe they are already gauging you and comparing you to their options. I am pretty sure the rest of my point is self-explanatory.

Tanonoka

initiate
Generally speaking, most people should refrain from spending 3 times more money on brunches, romantic dinners, etc relative to what they make per hour. For example, if you make $20 an hour you ought not to go beyond $60 or more on your first date.

You clearly can't afford that lifestyle. You just want to show off but the question remains: will you be able to maintain the standard you have set in regards to future dates? Eh, probably not, and that's the entire point I am making.

Any person that expects you to spend more than that is definitely out of your league.

They are pretty much high maintenance just like what @Chidinma pointed out in her post.

recommended

Queen

grand master
What is really important isn't necessarily how much you are willing to spend; it's what you plan to gain in return?

Some oans feel entitled to stonyeni ("raw action too") just because they took a daige to a fine dining restaurant.

Isn't it much cheaper for those oans to link up with thigh vendors rather than spinning around in circles?

C

Chenai

If a grown-ass man can't spend $200 on a date he shouldn't be dating or asking a woman out.

Chances are he is still living in his mama's basement without any bill to his name.

@Queen I know the type of men you are talking about. They are often extremely promiscuous too.

@Borrowdale Barron splitting the bill can solve that.

Numero Uno

grand master
Why not? If he feels you, he shouldn't see it as a problem.

Ah yes, these rules and regulations. That's easy for women to say because they're not paying. In fact, many contemporary women are hardcore feminists until it comes down to paying for anything.

@Tafadzwa Twabam even if you could afford it it’s not a wise thing to do when you’re first getting to know someone. You’re only setting yourself up for failure. It's better to use your time and resources to generate wealth but definitely not decimate it trying to impress someone who probably doesn’t even have the same £200 to £400 they’re expecting you to spend on them.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Modern dates should be 50/50 by default.

Dream on buddy, most women even though they are often reluctant to admit it they expect men to continue playing the traditional role of being a provider, whilst on the other hand, the same women, in particular, don't want to be held to standards of traditional gender roles.

If a man insists on the idea of 50/50 (equality) like what you are saying, best believe a significant multitude of women will lash out at you saying you are not a real man. But what is a real woman though?

Chidinma

@Queen I agree, men should definitely pay on the first date especially if he asks a woman out; but, on the other hand, some women do ask men out, in that case, the woman should pay either the first date or split the bill if both parties agree.

Latest resources