For Avid Pro Tools, where are the instrument plugins located?

P

Phoenix

Could you please let me know where the instrument plugins are located in Avid Pro Tools?

Attachments

• For Avid Pro Tools, where are the instrument plugins located.png
    For Avid Pro Tools, where are the instrument plugins located.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 11
recommended
S
On a Apple MacOS: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins (AAX)
L

LeadDiscovery

After installing some audio software plugins, I am now getting this error message upon launching Pro Tools that says: "AAE error -9178 was encountered", and after this dialog, Pro Tools shuts down. Does anyone have any insight to fix this?

T

Tarini Khan

After installing some audio software plugins, I am now getting this error message upon launching Pro Tools that says: "AAE error -9178 was encountered", and after this dialog, Pro Tools shuts down. Does anyone have any insight to fix this?

The first thing I would do is remove the recently installed plugins from the plugins folder put them in an unused folder and check if Pro Tools launches okay. If it does then add them back in, i.e., a few at a time until something goes wrong then leave out the culprit or see if there is a version compatible with your current operating system and Pro Tools version.

L

LovinglyBlushing

Pro Tools users who use on Mac, what's your guys' opinion on the Apple MacBooks? Are the ARM-based system M3 chips fantastic? What spec recommendations for recording and mixing?

R

RetroCinema

Pro Tools users who use on Mac, what's your guys' opinion on the Apple MacBooks? Are the ARM-based system M3 chips fantastic? What spec recommendations for recording and mixing?

M2 and M3 chips aren't as good for Pro Tools as M1 chips, they use different cores. But M1 has more processing that works with Pro Tools, perhaps that will change with time I guess.