Have Y'all Noticed Some Mzansi Rappers Try To Imitate U.S. Rappers?

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Numero Uno

grand master
I am not gonna mention names. But ever since I heard it through the grapevine and I did a little research just to listen to some of the trending SA rappers just to see if they are clout chasers.

You have got some rappers jacking cadences, flows, etc. I guess it's a way to cover up for a lack of creativity though.

What y'all think, am I right or am I wrong?

BTW, I don't mean ALL rappers just a few culprits.

Black Panther

grand master
It would have been better if you mention those SA Hip Hop rappers that you think are clout chasers.

Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Black Panther

grand master
Come on now fam. A quick listen to top SA Hip Hop songs will simply prove my point. Have you done so?

The only thing I seem to notice from SA Hip Hop artists is the sound. The signature sound by some music producers in South Africa may be very similar to American mainstream Trap music.

So if we are strictly talking about beats then I have to say, the American Hip Hop industry has a huge influence on the SA Hip Hop industry

Shamiso

initiate
Sorry, I just don't get your point.

Hip Hop music isn't originally from South Africa though.

I think he is trying to say certain SA Hip Hop artists have a tendency to copy bars and flows without putting more effort into incorporating a unique Mzansi flavor, as it were.

Bla Jedza

apprentice
I think he is trying to say certain SA Hip Hop artists have a tendency to copy bars and flows without putting more effort into incorporating a unique Mzansi flavor, as it were.

Still, some lines are not really attached to specific rappers from a creative standpoint e.g. saying "money makes the world go round."

Almost every rapper has done said that.

There are some distinguishable popular punchlines and catchphrases which of course you'd say the next oan is biting.

Shamiso

initiate
Still, some lines are not really attached to specific rappers from a creative standpoint e.g. saying "money makes the world go round."

Almost every rapper has done said that.

There are some distinguishable popular punchlines and catchphrases which of course you'd say the next oan is biting.

I get what you are saying. After all, nothing is new under the sun so they say.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Latest resources