question How effective was Winky D's "MuGarden" collaboration with Gemma Griffiths?

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Scorpio

grand master
So did Zimdaansaal artiste Winky D's song "MuGarden" help ignite Gemma Griffiths music career in the Zim music industry even further than it was or she could have always made waves without venturing into Zimdaansaal myuuzik?

recommended
Are you simply trying to say Winky D made Gemma Griffiths famous or what?

What'y your question in this thread? Because it's not like her career is reliant on Winky D.

Queen

grand master
It's not like Winky D introduced Gemma Griffiths' music to the larger or mainstream Zim audience because earlier on she covered his song 'Musarova Bigman' which turned out well for her.

Numero Uno

grand master

What'y your question in this thread? Because it's not like her career is reliant on Winky D.

recommended

Scorpio

grand master

In other words, the question is whether Winky D and Gemma Griffiths' collaboration was more beneficial towards Gemma Griffiths' music in the long run or not in terms of building a fan base?

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
In other words, the question is whether Winky D and Gemma Griffiths collaboration was more beneficial towards Gemma Griffiths' music in the long run or not in terms of building a fan base?

The reality is Gemma Griffiths wasn't popping that much until she struck gold by working on a Zimdancehall song with Winky D. That's pretty much a fact I think we should all agree here.

Queen

grand master
The reality is Gemma Griffiths wasn't popping that much until she struck gold by working on a Zimdancehall song with Winky D. That's pretty much a fact I think we should all agree here.

Why are you downplaying Gemma Griffiths - 'My Town' song she released before jumping onto Zimdancehall?

Musically she obviously was working towards something though.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Why are you downplaying Gemma Griffiths - 'My Town' song she released before jumping onto Zimdancehall?

Look here, if we are strictly talking in perspective to the current Zimbabwe's music industry isn't it so clear enough how Gemma Griffith's "My Town" ain't somewhat close to the taste in music an average listener has?

Queen

grand master
Look here, if we are strictly talking in perspective to the current Zimbabwe's music industry isn't it so clear enough how Gemma Griffith's "My Town" ain't somewhat close to the taste in music an average listener has?

What will be your so called WISE suggestion, ha? :unsure:

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
What will be your so-called WISE suggestion, ha? :unsure:

People in Zimbabwe like upbeat or uptempo music. That's is why right now Zimdancehall is without a doubt one of the most trending genres of music. Besides other things like Afropop and that other stuff.

Zim Hip Hop also ain't even on the map as close to Zimdancehall if we were to compare the number of artists who make hits.

Black Panther

grand master
People in Zimbabwe like upbeat or uptempo music. That's is why right now Zimdancehall is without a doubt one of the most trending genres of music. Besides other things like Afropop music and that other stuff.

If you are implying Gemma Griffiths to try her hand more at Zimdancehall music. I gotta disagree because that ain't her lane. Yes, she can do more collaborations with other Zimdancehall artists that's okay but on her own — nope!

Numero Uno

grand master
If you are implying Gemma Griffiths to try her hand more at Zimdancehall music. I gotta disagree because that ain't her lane. Yes, she can do more collaborations with other Zimdancehall artists that's okay but on her own — nope!

So what will be a more profitable lane for her?

Status
This post is closed for further replies.