Is anyone using Elgato Stream Deck with Avid's Pro Tools DAW?

O

Outrageous Onion

Are any of you using Elgato Stream Deck in conjunction with Avid Technology's Pro Tools DAW?

Attachments

• Is anyone using Elgato Stream Deck with Avid's Pro Tools DAW.png
    Is anyone using Elgato Stream Deck with Avid's Pro Tools DAW.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 5
recommended
Q
I'm using it to control Vienna Symphonic Library's Synchron articulations. Do not use SoundFlow, but have an Elgato StreamDeck XL and StreamDeck+. Using Avid's Pro Tools API and KeyboardMaestro to detect which track is selected, and automatically change pages of articulations on StreamDecks (XL for articulations for the relevant track, + for context-sensitive knobs based on selected articulation. Working well so far.
Q

QuantumMemeLord

I'm using it to control Vienna Symphonic Library's Synchron articulations. Do not use SoundFlow, but have an Elgato StreamDeck XL and StreamDeck+. Using Avid's Pro Tools API and KeyboardMaestro to detect which track is selected, and automatically change pages of articulations on StreamDecks (XL for articulations for the relevant track, + for context-sensitive knobs based on selected articulation. Working well so far.

recommended
C

CuriousCactus

Is it possible to use the buttons to switch articulations for midi instruments through keyswitches (so basically sending certain midi data)?

L

LunarEclipse123

Yes. I would recommend if you repeatedly do tasks that take quite a few clicks. And/or you want more shortcuts that are customizable with Soundflow.

N

NebulaNinja

In my home studio, it's great. I got the 3 months of SoundFlow free with PT, and it's proving to be invaluable. It has the automation controls easily accessible plus things like back and play. I couldn't program those myself in the basic Stream Deck software. I'd love to know if anyone has been able to do it.