Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Shamiso

initiate
Perhaps without sosho media, there probably wouldn't be the "cancel culture" in its present form.

However, my question is whether if y'all oans find it toxic in your own views or nah?

And should cancel culture be canceled or that it's beneficial in some ways?

Scorpio

grand master
The problem with cancel culture is mainstream media bias and is often used as a deliberate effort to destroy the lifetime legacy of a target celebrity, public figure, politician, etc.

In other words, cancel culture is a carefully orchestrated witch-hunt (or witch-purge) to ruin the reputation of an influential person who decides not to promote an agenda or narrative about any pre-planned X event.

One can also look at cancel culture from a different perspective, for example, I will call this "self-cancel culture" where an influential person does something hoping to trend but the clout chasing strategy eventually goes terribly wrong when they go too far hence resulting in irreparable harm to their own brand.

Therefore, cancel culture needs to be redefined. I think it differs depending on who you ask. For example, from a propagandist perspective cancel culture is what you'd call direct propaganda.

Scorpio

grand master
What is direct propaganda -- lol?

Direct propaganda just means to straightaway prompt the masses to rise up in fury against X target person or Y corporate entity.

For example, if you own an influential platform you would deliberately push a negative narrative on your platform about X target person whilst shadow banning (or even barring) messages (or accounts) in support of X target person or Y corporate entity.

But sometimes for direct propaganda to be useful, you'd need to deploy what I call a "pre-propaganda payload" in the sosho media streets. So that the masses won't have any alternative point of reference other than yours, and yours only.

The idea here is to test the current disposition of the masses via covert propaganda and if the results are favorable you proceed to implement direct propaganda in full force—overt propaganda if you will.

Black Panther

grand master
I personally find the definition of cancel culture to be a little bit blurry.

Now as for my own definition of cancel culture, I'd say it's basically political correctness on steroids sprinkled on top with elements of bullying and excessive cyberharassment including cyberstalking.

Cancel culture is toxic because it strips away individualism in modern society. It's as though you are supposed to have a special consultant all the time to advise you whether what you are about to say will trigger someone or not.

The only positive thing about cancel culture is in the case of dealing with racism, bigotry, bestiality, pedophilia -- I mean canceling people who are found guilty of abusing children, teenagers, etc.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
It's simple: cancel culture exists to control and manipulate public opinion.

For example, "If you say something we don't like, you’re done!"

The question is: "Who decides what is right or wrong?"

Y'all oans can figure out the rest...

Although it's pretty obvious whoever controls you and calls the shots they sure won't let you criticize them at any given chance.

Scorpio

grand master
So y'all are saying cancel culture is also continuous propaganda?

Well yeah, what you thought?

Cancel culture can be also be defined as institutionalized propaganda and continuous at the same time as you have already said.

The continuous nature of cancel culture is that it follows all aspects of life for the canceled celebrity or public figure. It may not necessarily end a career with the quickness but it will expeditiously stop corporate checks from coming in.

No corporate entity in their right mind will want to do business with a celebrity who has been canceled.

The MSM will in haste put that corporate entity on full blast for working with the opps by publishing hit pieces nonstop!

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
The internet itself is more and more corporate orientated whilst at the same time making progress toward embracing a globalism initiative.

So one way or the other social media companies, digital streaming platforms, video game sites, etc will always have to pipe down certain voices to please their corporate friends, foreign investors, foreign government allies, you name it.

And in so doing, you end up with "cancel culture."

Or maybe I should outright invoke the evil word called "censorship."

Status
This post is closed for further replies.