Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Numero Uno

grand master
Roc Nation/Dreamville Hip-Hop rapper J. Cole (Jermaine Lamarr Cole) has just released his new studio album KOD.

On his official Twitter account, J. Cole mentioned that KOD has 3 fundamental meanings and these are:
  • Kids On Drugs
  • King Overdosed
  • Kill Our Demons

J. Cole KOD.png

Attachments

• J. Cole's new album KOD.jpg
    J. Cole's new album KOD.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 369

Numero Uno

grand master
The album is trash IMO, sorry J. Cole fans, but can't get down with it.

The production and songwriting is a lot more simplistic this time around (not nearly as lush or as ambitious as his past albums), and he's more focused on expanding upon several variations on a singular theme as opposed to the vivid storytelling that he's typically known for (although a couple of tracks have phenomenal storytelling, I digress).

While I was listening to it, I knew that a good portion of Cole's fan-base was gonna see it as a step down from his previous material.

Black Panther

grand master
J. Cole fans are like “you don’t have the IQ for his music” as if he’s talking about quantum physics or something, his music is just boring

Music incites movements, it’s what gets us through the day and empowers us through our roughest times. We love J. Cole not just for his talent, but political stance on the world.

He uses his voice to fight back because it won’t be left unheard.

You can keep listening to Lil Xan, Migos, Lil Purp, all the other wack mumble rap artists. I truly believe its an IQ thing. People are getting dumber and dumber and they just can't appreciate lyricism.

Numero Uno

grand master
J. Cole fans are like “you don’t have the IQ for his music” as if he’s talking about quantum physics or something, his music is just boring

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand J Cole. The vibe is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical rhythm, most of the flow will go over a typical listener's head.

Scorpio

grand master
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand J Cole. The vibe is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical rhythm, most of the flow will go over a typical listener's head.

J. Cole is trash, there I said it again.

Black Panther

grand master
Y'all gotta understand that you don’t turn up to J. Cole music. You gotta run it while you are washing the dishes or clipping a toenail or something.

A lot of people will say J. Cole's album is trash, but don't realize he's mocking all of your favorite drug addict rappers who sound just alike with no substance in their music.

Numero Uno

grand master
A lot of people will say J. Cole's album is trash, but don't realize he's mocking all of your favorite drug addict rappers who sound just alike with no substance in their music.

So I guess the only way to listen to a new J. Cole album is to open up Genius and analyze every lyric. Absorbing all of the wisdom.

Black Panther

grand master
So I guess the only way to listen to a new J. Cole album is to open up Genius and analyze every lyric. Absorbing all of the wisdom.

Lame ass rappers like Lil Pump will run their mouths about actual Hip Hop artists like J. Cole then realize they don’t actually want the smoke.

Numero Uno

grand master
Lame a$$ rappers like Lil Pump will run their mouths about actual hip hop artists like J. Cole then realize they don’t actually want the smoke.

If there’s one thing I learned from J. Cole's album... The people who are really influencing the future we’ll grow old in people like Lil pump and 69. I feel that J. Cole knows most of his audience is older.

Scorpio

grand master
If there’s one thing I learned from J. Cole's album... The people who are really influencing the future we’ll grow old in people like Lil pump and 69. I feel that J. Cole knows most of his audience is older.

Stop hyping this J. Cole album. It wasn’t good at all. He had two good songs. No bangers.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.