Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Numero Uno

grand master
Nicki Minaj has released the visuals for her song "Chung-Li"

The music video for Chung-Li by Nicki Minaj is a creative music video in the sense that it's shot vertically and comprises of a collection of selfies put artistically together.

Very slick lines from Nicki Minaj in this "Chung Li" track and I thought the production of the beat sounded nice as well.

This music video for Nicki Minaj's "Chung Li" song was a great input because we want to see some growth in music and seeing what else she got in store for us would be great.

Furthermore, when she was talking about the enemy line I thought that was pretty well done because of the whole situation with Cardi B and for me, I think this rivalry helps promote their music in a way that keeps you wanting to hear what they are going to put out. Great record from Nicki Minaj.

P.S. Nicki Minaj recently opened up to discuss her experiences with Cardi B after both artists appeared on the song "MotorSport". During an interview with Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show.

Black Panther

grand master
Gotta say I don’t care for the song. I don't think this is a hot record... and am not hating.

Anyways Cardi WHO?

Stop pitting women against each other. There can be more than one female rapper.

Why can't she and Cardi B both be great? There can be more than one female rapper... we don't have to make them compete with each other. They're both talented

Numero Uno

grand master
Stop pitting women against each other. There can be more than one female rapper.

Why can't she and Cardi B both be great? There can be more than one female rapper... we don't have to make them compete with each other. They're both talented

Cardi B has been in the game for 2 years, Nicki Minaj has been here for over 10 years and she WAAYYY better than her.

People just like Cardi B for her personality and because she is new.

Scorpio

grand master
Cardi B gone turn out like how Nicki Minaj was rapping then young money and her PR team made her reach out to the pop culture side and they had to make her sing PG-13 lyrics so she could have all ages stream her music.

They turned Nicki into a pop-rap star and Atlantic Records is gone make Cardi B do that too.

Numero Uno

grand master
I had to look up who Chun-Li was and it's actually a really cool concept for a song. Chun-Li was the first original female character in the Street Fighter game.

There are so many creative things they could've done in that music video. In my opinion, this was a missed opportunity.

Scorpio

grand master
I had to look up who Chun-Li was and it's actually a really cool concept for a song. Chun-Li was the first original female character in the Street Fighter game.

There are so many creative things they could've done in that music video. In my opinion, this was a missed opportunity.

I don't know why she's showing off her plastic-butt and plastic-boobs. If they were natural then you could have done it but any girl can have that body with surgery.

Black Panther

grand master
I don't know why she's showing off her plastic-butt and plastic-boobs. If they were natural then you could have done it but any girl can have that body with surgery.

Because it's her body and she paid money to get it looking how she wants. She should flaunt it if she wants, she's gorgeous.

Black Panther

grand master

I'm guessing she spent all her budget on the "Barbie Tingz" video.

Scorpio

grand master
Maybe she's comparing her rap style to the quickness of Chun-Li's kicks. As if she's saying that's how quickly she's taking out her competition.

Wack. Even in her song titles, she name drops.

Nothing special here. How many times is she going to make reference to a name brand or a rapper?

All of a sudden its Chun-Li. Give me a break. Wtf does this song have to do with Chun Li??

Black Panther

grand master
Cardi B gone turn out like how Nicki Minaj was rapping then young money and her PR team made her reach out to the pop culture side and they had to make her sing PG-13 lyrics so she could have all ages stream her music.

They turned Nicki into a pop-rap star and Atlantic Records is gone make Cardi B do that too.

Cardi is only famous for her personality while Nicki is famous in any way.

Numero Uno

grand master
Cardi is only famous for her personality while Nicki is famous in any way.

The more I think about this situation, the stranger it gets. Have you noticed, up until Remy Ma, Nicki Minaj has never had any real competition? Think about it. She's been the winner by default because nobody turned up to be her main rival.

Then, it wasn't until Cardi B got the number one on Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow" and people looked at Nicki Minaj like, "Girl, you low-key haven't been popping' for a while... you've had 90 singles and NEVER grabbed the number 1 spot. Huh?

Nicki Minaj was unchallenged and was able to do the bare minimum and get by for years in the rap game.

Nicki Minaj could've stayed silent for another year and dropped an album in the middle of the night because she has the power to do that.

But here she is, with tracks that basically say "Guys, look at me, I'm still the rap queen, don't forget about me."

Nicki Minaj is acting as a basic boxer, forgetting that she and her contemporaries OWN the ring. The only real competition is themselves. She's in a different lane and doesn't even realize it.

Scorpio

grand master
The more I think about this situation, the stranger it gets. Have you noticed, up until Remy Ma, Nicki Minaj has never had any real competition? Think about it. She's been the winner by default because nobody turned up to be her main rival.

Then, it wasn't until Cardi B got the number one on Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow" and people looked at Nicki Minaj like, "Girl, you low-key haven't been popping' for a while... you've had 90 singles and NEVER grabbed the number 1 spot. Huh?

Nicki Minaj was unchallenged and was able to do the bare minimum and get by for years in the rap game.

Nicki Minaj could've stayed silent for another year and dropped an album in the middle of the night because she has the power to do that.

But here she is, with tracks that basically say "Guys, look at me, I'm still the rap queen, don't forget about me."

Nicki Minaj is acting as a basic boxer, forgetting that she and her contemporaries OWN the ring. The only real competition is themselves. She's in a different lane and doesn't even realize it.

The song "ShEther" by Remy Ma shook her up, then Cardi B came into the rap game snatching the #1 spot.

Black Panther

grand master
The song "ShEther" by Remy Ma shook her up, then Cardi B came into the rap game snatching the #1 spot.

The people crowned Cardi B the people's champ. Nicki Minaj crowned herself the queen of rap.

Now, we're sitting back seeing if she can live up to the hype that she created over the years.

Numero Uno

grand master
The people crowned Cardi B the people's champ. Nicki Minaj crowned herself the queen of rap. Now, we're sitting back seeing if she can live up to the hype that she created over the years.

The only reason why we’re having this conversation is that for years Nicki’s place in hip-hop was uncontested.

Nicki’s real shook right now since 'shEther' and all that and regardless of how you feel about her music her PR is really off.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.