Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Is there any poor people mentality that supports the reason why those who are less fortunate usually have more children than rich people in the context of African culture?

Bla Jedza

apprentice
I don't see the problem with poor people choosing to have 4 to 10 children at all. There are also rich people who also have that amount of children.

So the question I have for you is: define what you mean when you say "poor people" since this might differ from one country to another?

Numero Uno

grand master
It's not that poor people don't know what birth control is but some hope that if they can have numerous children they will stand a chance to get rich one day if one of their offspring makes it in life.

Scorpio

grand master
It's not that poor people don't know what birth control is but some hope that if they can have numerous children they will stand a chance to get rich one day if one of their offspring makes it in life.

I get what you are saying but in some scenarios, there are numerous examples of broke people who make terrible decisions like choosing to have multiple children they can afford to take care of, sending them to good schools, and later on reputable colleges or universities.

To make matters worse some literary end up having multiple baby mamas and vice versa, that is to say, baby daddies.

I know there are rich people e.g. celebrities and public figures with multiple baby mamas and all that. But the difference is at least they have money to take care of those children in an unofficial polygamy setting like that.

Shamiso

initiate
That's true except the issue here is why do people proceed to have another child if they won't have time to address the needs of the other child?

Because common sense is not so common and that goes both ways whether you are looking at it from an angle of both rich people vs poor people.

Scorpio

grand master
What do you mean by that?

IMO I assume what @Shamiso is trying to say is, for example, let's say you are a famous wealthy person you should know that if you go in raw in any slay queen, socialite, blessed, etc, whatever.

That slay queen is gonna hit you with child support (or maintenance) 9 months down the line and this also highlights the point of saying it's only poor people who just have children all over the place who they know very well they won't be capable of taking care of.

You see, taking care of a child isn't just about you having money and resources, it's also about you being there for the child as well. Therefore, why go raw in the first place then later complain about the slay queen asking for X amount of child support -- shouldn't that be common sense?

So the moral of the story is that it is much easier for a rich person to have dozens upon dozen of children. Celebrities and politicians are a classical example of this.