Should High School Students Be Taught Sex Education?

Numero Uno

grand master
What do you think about high school students being taught sex education and all that stuff relating to different types of sexualities in public schools?

Scorpio

grand master
It will be a better idea if high school students start learning calculus, computer science, artificial intelligence, digital currencies at a younger age than learning what gender-fluid means.

Shamiso

initiate
Sex education is one of those controversial topics because we now live in a world where there is HIV/AIDS including STDs too.

Suppose we have two young teens, let's say they are both aged 15 years old, and these teens decide to have sex where the other teen was born HIV positive.

How can such matters be dealt with to prevent similar scenarios in the future that's my question?

Numero Uno

grand master
Sex education is one of those controversial topics because we now live in a world where there is HIV/AIDS including STDs too.

Suppose we have two young teens, let's say they are both aged 15 years old, and these teens decide to have sex where the other teen was born HIV positive.

How can such matters be dealt with to prevent similar scenarios in the future that's my question?

The HIV positive teen should go to the penitentiary.

Bla Jedza

apprentice
What about social media? Y'all know really well many teens nowadays spend a huge amount of their time on social media.

Yes, social media is littered with toxic personalities.

However, social media isn't part of a compulsory curriculum where students are bombarded with different types of sexualities whether they wanna hear it or not.

Shamiso

initiate
Yes, social media is littered with toxic personalities.

However, social media isn't part of a compulsory curriculum where students are bombarded with different types of sexualities whether they wanna hear it or not.

Are you talking in reference to LGBT lessons?

Bla Jedza

apprentice
Are you talking in reference to LGBT lessons?

Yeah.

I know LGBT lessons are supposedly taught to pupils as part of a program to challenge homophobia.

The issue is that some parents don't like it as they will always perceive it to be a way of encouraging their children to be gay or transgender.

Numero Uno

grand master
Aren't LGBT lessons a reason some schools will start talking about wanting to be called a girl even though they are biologically a male child?

Scorpio

grand master
What do you mean by saying that?

Freedom of speech isn’t expressing hate towards someone.

All I am saying is some religious parents may want to raise their children in either a Christian faith, an Islamic faith, etc.

If they choose to oppose LGBT lessons being taught to their offspring they will automatically be branded as homophobic even though that isn't really the case at all.

What about Christian or Islamic lessons being made compulsory to the LGBTQ community too? I bet you will soon notice a major protest emerging.

Black Panther

grand master
All I am saying is some religious parents may want to raise their children in either a Christian faith, an Islamic faith, etc.

If they choose to oppose LGBT lessons being taught to their offspring they will automatically be branded as homophobic even though that isn't really the case at all.

What about Christian or Islamic lessons being made compulsory to the LGBTQ community too? I bet you will soon notice a major protest emerging.

Generally speaking, many people across the whole wide world can tolerate religious people unlike a small margin of people who can tolerate the LGBTQ community.

That's why LGBT lessons are taught in some schools as a way of educating pupils about the need to treat people as people even though you might live life under a different religious or cultural moral code.