Do y'all agree or disagree with the idea of hip-hop or rap music lyrics being used by law enforcement in order to convict rappers in the courts of law when they are charged with that type of evidence?

recommended
If you keep campaigning you will get elected, there is a difference between fiction and reality. Furthermore, if you're a Hip Hop artist and don't want any problems with rival gangs (i.e., your opps) or law enforcement just stick to materialistic make-believe stories. If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes e.g., making disrespectful songs about smoking an opp pack.

For instance, FBG Duck (Carlton Weekly) made that Drill Rap song "Dead Bitches" mocking his dead opps, id est:
  • Jerome Howard a/k/a J-Money
  • Jerome Anderson a/k/a Lil Boo
  • Sheroid Liggins
  • Steven McGee a/k/a Lil Steve
  • James Johnson a/k/a T-Roy
  • Odee Perry
  • Marcus London Baldy
  • Dontay Banks Jr. a/k/a D'Thang
However, look what happened next...

Queen

grand master
@Borrowdale Barron you're right that hip-hop music has now spiraled into a dangerous profession.

Rappers these days wanna be gang, gang so much to the point they'll sacrifice their careers just to keep their street clout.

M

Mr. Dade County

@Queen yeah, gangs are for daft dudes who don't wanna be anything but drug addicts and a terror to their community.

T

Theophrastus

Don't do things to put you in a situation to where you could snitch or people thinking you snitching. It's really simple.

S

Shonaboy

@Queen I figured it's because they keep rapping about what crime they committed or they're in music videos with a bunch of automatic guns. The n-ggalympics of self-snitching is way too crazy y'all.

M

Muriel

@Queen Rappers don’t have the most dangerous job by a long shot. They are not law enforcement, doctors, lawyers, or military personnel. They aren’t erecting skyscrapers, electricians, or pilots.

What rappers have are dangerous LIFESTYLES. Being sexually irresponsible, drinking excessively, getting high, fathering multiple children by multiple women, coming into money but being uneducated regarding financial management, etc.

@Borrowdale Barron it's only as dangerous as the rappers make it, if they choose to diss the dead, stay in the hood, and do hood rat things with their friends then yeah, they will become a target and likely a victim.

L

Lobengula

Today's rap music is problematic. None of it has substance or value. They all rap the same and about the same stuff. They spit out random sentences over a dope beat, and like-minded individuals support it. Moreover, record label executives fork out cash to fund the nonsense.

M

Maxentius

Eric R. Holder Jr. has been weighed in the balances and found wanting of killing Airmiess Joseph Asghedom (Nipsey Hussle). Y'all think he is gonna be in the general population?

Wasn't Nipsey Hussle in Rollin' 60s Crips?

Yes, he was an active gang member in his early teens. However, he wanted to rap about positivity and leaving the streets behind which is a subject I find interesting because if you join a street gang (or any organized crime enterprise for that matter) I don't think you can ever take the exit route willy-nilly. Gangland isn't a subscription service you can just cancel.

Also, the stuff you did when you were gangbanging and hanging around with battle-hardened OGs always catches up with you. For instance, if Nipsey Hussle was in Rollin 60's Neighborhood Crips did he ever take the life of another person, or to put it in other words, did he ever participate in any activity that's detrimental to the community and etc?

Who knows? My point is you can't be in a gang without getting your hands dirty, nope it doesn't work like that. Otherwise, I am sure Eric R. Holder Jr had his reasons for slaying Nipsey Hussle in broad daylight and those reasons weren't the wisest he ever made in his entire life, were they? I mean just look...

H

Houegbadja

@Sekuru Dhorofiya this current era of rap music seems to thrive on having opps. Victims of gang violence need to start suing hip-hop records labels when someone brags about smoking that opp pack.