Do y'all agree or disagree with the idea of hip-hop or rap music lyrics being used by law enforcement in order to convict rappers in the courts of law when they are charged with that type of evidence?

recommended
If you keep campaigning you will get elected, there is a difference between fiction and reality. Furthermore, if you're a Hip Hop artist and don't want any problems with rival gangs (i.e., your opps) or law enforcement just stick to materialistic make-believe stories. If you play stupid games you win stupid prizes e.g., making disrespectful songs about smoking an opp pack.

For instance, FBG Duck (Carlton Weekly) made that Drill Rap song "Dead Bitches" mocking his dead opps, id est:
  • Jerome Howard a/k/a J-Money
  • Jerome Anderson a/k/a Lil Boo
  • Sheroid Liggins
  • Steven McGee a/k/a Lil Steve
  • James Johnson a/k/a T-Roy
  • Odee Perry
  • Marcus London Baldy
  • Dontay Banks Jr. a/k/a D'Thang
However, look what happened next...
L

Lodza

@Sekuru Dhorofiya Guwop never dissed dead rappers. He dissed a dead gangbanger who tried to kill him. That's very different and personal. BTW, y’all act like hip-hop artists can’t grow up and evolve. I tell you what fam, if you’re the same person you were 10 years ago, that’s a problem.

O

Oscar Johnson

RICO Act charges are the worst. You've got to be smart when you get rich. But I still can't believe that a dude who rocks dresses had a part in all them YSL dudes committing all those crimes.

F

Farai

RICO Act charges are the worst. You've got to be smart when you get rich. But I still can't believe that a dude who rocks dresses had a part in all them YSL dudes committing all those crimes.

Thugga Thugga said had to wear a dress cause he had the stick in one of his song.

L

Lisa

It's crazy how they make it out of the hood just to deal with the same stuff they were trying to escape.

P

Paul

@Sekuru Dhorofiya If I ever wanted to join a gang I definitely wouldn’t be in one led by popular rappers who are rapping about the illegal stuff they’re doing currently. Especially popular rappers like Young Thug and Gunna that just puts you in the spotlight. There are people who did dirt but aren’t publicly bragging about their illegal activities.

A

Avicenna

@Tanonoka @Nolwazi Kwayedza I never understood the point of gangs because the moment you and the gangbangers get caught, the majority of the time someone will snitch and cooperate with law enforcement. If you are doing crimes out here you better be moving solo.

D

Drama

@Sekuru Dhorofiya the older generation rappers have contributed to the violence that’s plagued the communities. Many old rappers act like they’re offering guidance or condemning violence in public but still condoning violent behavior in private. They want to blame the younger generation for how their acting but the older generation set the blueprint for what we see now from the younger generation and nobody wants to discuss that.

M

Mercury

Rappers egos. Believing your own hype.

These young rappers are on demon time.

Especially with this social media stuff.

The only way you win is by not doing reckless ish.

A

Ayesha

@Queen These rappers forget the code of the streets when they get money.

How is it they can remember the code when they are in trouble after self-snitching?

L

Lucas

Part of that dysfunction is embedded in our society.

We’ve got to govern ourselves accordingly.

Agreed.

But hear me out; we can’t keep using death and crime as badges of honor or points scored.

Everyone should have their dignity intact and be willing to work for theirs.

N

Noah

Y’all literally glorify drill rap and gangster rap, and it’s "free everybody" when a civilian dies, but when a rapper dies y’all turn into activists. Today it’s "how could your favorite rapper die?" The next day it’s "free Young Thug."

A

Alessandro

Agreed.

But hear me out; we can’t keep using death and crime as badges of honor or points scored.

Everyone should have their dignity intact and be willing to work for theirs.

The problem with this message is, you gotta reach folks under 25 and I can promise you they not gonna listen to you.

They think they know everything

B

Bahari

Ip-ap myuuzik is not the most dangerous job. But your stupid ass lyrics, antics, and social media videos can make it extremely dangerous! If you brag about killing, make a video on someone's grave site, opp this and opp that, flashing money, I'm this and I'm that, that is what gets you in trouble.

R

Rashidi

@Nolwazi Kwayedza that is the rap game for ya, I think it's time for some of these "rappers" to learn a new skill, the rap game has always been dirty since the start. Rap music definitely influenced them to act that way.

S

Safari

@Nolwazi Kwayedza that is the rap game for ya, I think it's time for some of these "rappers" to learn a new skill, the rap game has always been dirty since the start. Rap music definitely influenced them to act that way.

I think people have free will and they made a conscious decision to do what thought of doing. I personally can not blame hip-hop. I always lay the blame where the blame belongs, with people’s personal choices.