C

Christiano Lawrence

I wanna know if there is a particular sample rate that pro studios use. Any ideas? I normally just stick to whatever the default sample rate is inside a DAW. I have never changed it.

recommended
M
Many professional recording studios typically use a sample rate of 48 kHz or higher e.g., 96 kHz sample rate for tracking. But in the case of mixing and mastering music, that depends on the project.
M

Merrari Fenz

Many professional recording studios typically use a sample rate of 48 kHz or higher e.g., 96 kHz sample rate for tracking. But in the case of mixing and mastering music, that depends on the project.

recommended
H

Hugh

What is sampling rate?

Sampling rate is the number of samples that are taken from a continuous signal per second. It's an important concept in digital signal processing, especially when it comes to using the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT). Without sampling at a high enough rate, you can't accurately represent your signal. So practical application of the Fourier Transform requires that you choose a sampling rate sufficient for representing your data accurately.