Question Who Is The King Of Zimdancehall?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
Now that Zimdancehall is probably one of the most popular music genres in Zimbabwe's music industry who would you say deserves the title of being the "King of Zimdancehall?"

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Cape Town
Asking who is the Zimdancehall King is the same thing as asking who is the best Zim Hip Hop artist? Those questions can NOT be answered from an objective perspective.

But there are some Zimdancehall artists names that quickly come to people's minds when they think of listening to Zimdancehall music and these Zimdancehall artists names include people like:
  • Winky D.
  • Freeman HKD Boss.
  • Killer T.
  • Tocky Vibes.
  • Seh Calaz.
  • Bazooker.
  • Chigudo (Pankshan).
  • Soul Jah love.
  • Enzo Ishall.
etc.

So can we say that as of now 'Winky D' is the King of Zimdanchall?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Cape Town
So can we say that as of now 'Winky D' is the King of Zimdanchall?
Winky D is a veteran in the Zimdancehall music industry but times have changed when people were heavily invested in Winky D's music.

If you notice you have young Zimdancehall artists like Bazooker, Enzo Ishall and Pankshan that have potential and Chillspot Records have helped these Zimdancehall artists to grow their career in the music business.

Freeman HKD Boss is someone I would consider to be the Zimdancehall King because he is a versatile artist than most of these Zimdancehall musicians.

What about Legion?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Cape Town
Legion has been using Winky D's pattern and I don't consider him to be a force to reckon with. He lacks creativity and doesn't stand out like the prominent Zimdancehall artistes.

How would you rate Enzo Ishall compared to Soul Jah Love or Seh Calaz?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Cape Town
How would you rate Enzo Ishall compared to Soul Jah Love or Seh Calaz?
Enzo Ishall has got a bright future in Zimdancehall as long as he keeps working hard releasing new material.

He shouldn't be like those Zimdancehall artists who have a terrible work ethic and an inconsistent track record.

I'd say Winky D for now.

Queen

Apprentice
Paris, FR
Definitely between Freeman and Winky D because I am not sure about the rest of Zimdancehall artists in Zimbabwe if they can hold any light to those two.

••