Y'all Think Social Media Is Currently In An Era Of Clout Culture?

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Although social media and other social networks can be used for positive things. Have y'all thought for a second the growing clout culture, and it's impact on creating more and more internet narcissists online?

Queen

grand master
How would you define clout culture? Are you suggesting this as being synonymous with clout chasing behavior?

Numero Uno

grand master
Social media has made people obsessed with collecting "loves" and "likes".

Lest I forget — add the need to have a million "subscribers" too. Now what makes you think online social platforms wouldn't experience a rise in clout culture.

Scorpio

grand master
Personally I don't see what's wrong if someone wants to be a person of clout. Basically you gotta imagine a person of clout as a social media influencer.

In theory it's more profitable in the business trends of influencer marketing to have millions of social media followers or channel subscriptions since this will attract more brand sponsorship.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Personally I don't see what's wrong if someone wants to be a person of clout. Basically you gotta imagine a person of clout as a social media influencer.

But don't y'all notice how certain social media personalities have embarked on a journey where they will do anything for clout, like saying extreme controversial things they would otherwise not say in a normal setting?

Queen

grand master
But don't y'all notice how certain social media personalities have embarked on a journey where they will do anything for clout, like saying extreme controversial things they would otherwise not say in a normal setting?

Some people believe that there is no such thing a bad publicity and don't mind being edgy. It's always something to be expected.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko

The way I look at is — it’s about the character of the individual, and not about their social status level, money or something. Some Zim celebs too don’t make too much noise.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
The way I look at is — it’s about the character of the individual, and not about their social status level, money or something. Some Zim celebs too don’t make too much noise.

I don't agree with you when it comes to a couple of Zim celebs because there are numerous characters who seem to all live fake lives on Instagram. Rich men don't brag about their wealth.

Queen

grand master
I don't agree with you when it comes to a couple of Zim celebs because there are numerous characters who seem to all live fake lives on Instagram. Rich men don't brag about their wealth.

In the case of Zim celebs, Ginimbi does showcase and broadcasts his rich lifestyle so your statement about Zim celebs or any other famous Zim media personalities is wrong.

Numero Uno

grand master
In the case of Zim celebs, Ginimbi does showcase and broadcasts his rich lifestyle so your statement about Zim celebs or any other famous Zim media personalities is wrong.

There people in Zim with more money than Ginimbi but you don't see them much on social media because of a generational thing.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master

Ginimbi isn't a clout chaser — y'all know that!

It's those thirsty socialites and wannabe slay queens who appease him (especially during Ginimbi TV) to get some coins off him.

Queen

grand master
Ginimbi isn't a clout chaser — y'all know that!

It's those thirsty socialites and wannabe slay queens who appease him (especially during Ginimbi TV) to get some coins off him.

I concur.

But if you are gonna flaunt your cash, then 'em slay queen gonna come, and so long as one is content with it and try not to act as if they don't know what time it is.