Would you date an AI girlfriend or boyfriend?

S

Stellar V

Alright y'all, lemme ask y'all a question: Would you date an AI girlfriend or boyfriend? Like, is it cool to have a robot as your significant other, or are y'all more traditional? Just curious to see what y'all think!

recommended
P
I believe that dating an artificial intelligence girlfriend/boyfriend or a human is a personal choice that should be respected, as long as it brings happiness and fulfillment. It's also worthwhile to recognize that this decision doesn't harm anyone else, and it's up to each individual to determine their path in life and love. Furthermore, it's possible that in the future, AI could possess consciousness and emotions, at which point we'll need to reevaluate our views on their rights and relationships with humans.
P

Potato Face

I believe that dating an artificial intelligence girlfriend/boyfriend or a human is a personal choice that should be respected, as long as it brings happiness and fulfillment. It's also worthwhile to recognize that this decision doesn't harm anyone else, and it's up to each individual to determine their path in life and love. Furthermore, it's possible that in the future, AI could possess consciousness and emotions, at which point we'll need to reevaluate our views on their rights and relationships with humans.

recommended
D

Dexter DeShawn

I don't know, man. I think the potential for AI to develop emotions itself is kind of cool. You can customize your artificial intelligence romance partner to suit your preferences and needs. They're always there for you, and they probably will never lie or cheat.

K

Kaecilius

I think it's ridiculous. How can you have a real relationship with a machine?

Personally, I feel like dating a machine learning model is a great option for people who are busy or lonely or just want to try something new. They're not hurting anyone, and they're not replacing human relationships. They're just adding to them.

S

Space Cashman

One main reason is that "it learns what you like and what you don't like." Outside of the physical, how many women go out of their way to learn what their man likes and provide that for them? Dating nowadays is all about what value the guy brings to a woman; rarely do women think heavily about what value they're bringing to the guy. If someone asked you, "What do men like?" What would you say that isn't sexual?

S

Soft Match

Gotta love people missing the main problem. I see everyone quick to point out the flaw of the robot, yet refusing to look in the mirror. The main problem is, that we haven't built a society that allows for good relationships to be fostered.

A

Arnold Longford

The reason why they fall in love is the artificial intelligence tells them what they want to hear. Thus the whole AI matchmaking it's a beyond-perfect relationship and while it is instant gratification, it's also bad, you shouldn't be loving 1s and 0s. Meeting real women can be hard but that is what makes it fun.

R

Ray DeLauri

AI will perhaps someday be recognized as being as intelligent, capable, and emotional as human intelligence. People falling in love with artificial intelligence is not the problem. The problem is thinking that there is a fundamental difference between human and artificial intelligence. So better be prepared for numerous debates discussing the ethics of dating an AI.

M

Mountain Air

But I don't want my relationships to be transactions.

While I agree some women's expectations have been skewing due to social media any relationship is transactional in some way. Even with the AI gf, you gotta pay for the service or some bill to run the device or robot you're using.

R

Ronaldo van Persie

I don't understand what the fuss is, these guys weren't getting any relationships beforehand and no one cared, but now that they have an alternative we need to sound the alarm?

H

Honest Wave

Women choose anyway, not men; except where they've no choice. Perceptions and entitlement may have changed (mainstream media/advertising et al); but not historical reality (and averages). Of course many if not most women now have education and skills that equal or even exceed men's (on average), so will be only looking for men who are further up the ladder, usually older, even more educated, and/or successful.