Any thoughts about Faith Panashe's post about friends and relationships?

I just came across an article written by Faith Panashe where she was talmbout whether if people in a romantic relationship can have friends of the opposite sex or not without upsetting their current partner.

Anyhow, in your own opinions, do y'all think opposite-sex friends can pose a threat to someone who is in love?

Attachments

• Faith Panashe Zvorufura (Zim Blogger).jpg
    Faith Panashe Zvorufura (Zim Blogger).jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 180
recommended
Let me start off by saying most platonic cross-sex friendships only happen because:
  1. mufesi put himself in a friendzone when he got rejected instead of bouncing off to the next honey.
  2. forced friends through association (school, work, church, etc) so we are compelled to bond with them.
And the reason muchinda stays in a friendzone or pretends to have no interest in sombonyo is that he is literary scheming and hoping tomorrow it will be his turn if he plays his cards right—all that other stuff kunyepa, but hameno kuti why vamwe vakadzi they always want to argue hanzi it's possible to have murume as shamwari chaiyo.

Finally, I will quote what...

Scorpio

grand master
Most honeys can't handle the reality that their boyfriend or husband has a female best friend because they strongly suspect one day his female bestie and him dey go knack and waka as if nothing wrong happened at all.

The same reasoning is true for some oans as well about kunzwa majerasi.

So the best solution for the sake of avoiding relationship drama is kusiyana nezve shamwari unless kana rwudo rwacho it's an open relationship.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Let me start off by saying most platonic cross-sex friendships only happen because:
  1. mufesi put himself in a friendzone when he got rejected instead of bouncing off to the next honey.
  2. forced friends through association (school, work, church, etc) so we are compelled to bond with them.
And the reason muchinda stays in a friendzone or pretends to have no interest in sombonyo is that he is literary scheming and hoping tomorrow it will be his turn if he plays his cards right—all that other stuff kunyepa, but hameno kuti why vamwe vakadzi they always want to argue hanzi it's possible to have murume as shamwari chaiyo.

Finally, I will quote what @Scorpio once said a couple of years ago for y'all:
You know what, the idea of having a close female friend is the same thing as considering a choice of having huku as a pet, sooner than later you will eat it one day.

recommended

Bombastus

The main issue with male-female friendships is understanding the next person's true intention.

How do you know they don't find you attractive?

Maybe they do or maybe they don't. But still, you are only playing a guessing game without facts.

And unbeknownst to you, they could also be on a mission to ruin your relationship if you are not careful.

Shamiso

initiate
@Bombastus shuwa, haurevi nhema.

You have to know pakamira munhu and make a sound judgement from there whether you should keep munhu iyeye as a friend or not.

Another thing to avoid is venting to those so-called friends because venting is one of the fastest ways to get your business to the streets—zvozara nyika yose and woshaya kweku nyarira.

Chidinma

It all depends nekuti pane history yakaita sei.

Ko kana shamwari yacho iri baby mama or baby daddy?

You can't do anything about it because they have permanent soul ties.

No woman or man in their right mind wants their partner to be "friends" with an ex.

Co-parents yes, that's understandable only if every meeting is scheduled and done appropriately; everything else no.

Bombastus

@Munyaradzi Mafaro how can an oan say his baby mama is his best friend, LMAO?

It's so damn obvious dey smashing if he puts it across that way to his significant other.

It's definitely not surprising as you think.

There are oans and daiges out there who literary say to their partner the current relationship status they have with either their baby moms or baby daddy is only "friendship" with the intention of providing parental support for their child and this gives them the leeway to do so.

Queen

grand master
I think sosho media has made letting go of a wide circle of friends and acquaintances hard.

Being able to see what everyone is up to all the time, even when you don't really speak to them so often face to face it's something I'd say isn't normal or healthy. It's kinda like stalking or perhaps the need to preserve backup options, as it were.

Eventually, some of these friends and acquaintances can end up sliding in your DMs or you may be tempted to do the same for whatever reason e.g. there isn't enough communication or that you aren't receiving enough attention in your current relationship.

The moral of the story is the more friends of the opposite sex you have the more temptation you are putting yourself into and if you value your relationship you ought to do something about it, ASAP!

Bla Jedza

apprentice
If you are your daige's husband then why does a daige need to keep her male friends, like seriously for what?

She might end up confiding your personal gwans with one of those oans which is a similar act to cheating.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
If you are your daige's husband then why does a daige need to keep her male friends, like seriously for what?

She might end up confiding your personal gwans with one of those oans which is a similar act to cheating.

Worse still imagine a daige who continues to seek male friends while you're in a relationship because she says she can't get along with other women?

Bla Jedza

apprentice
Worse still imagine a daige who continues to seek male friends while you're in a relationship because she says she can't get along with other women?

Oh yeah, you are right there are certainly some women who are ONLY friends with men. And I used to think maybe a majority of them they’re laid back.

Of course, a few of them are kinda cool; whilst on the other hand, a huge proportion of them are just too embarrassing to be around because of how they habitually look down on other women.

C

Chad

Yo, I don't see why not. As long as you ain't doing nothin' shady, what's the harm in having friends of the opposite sex?

Hold up y'all, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. See, having friends of the opposite sex can sometimes be a slippery slope, especially if feelings start to develop.

T

Tyrone

Hold up y'all, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. See, having friends of the opposite sex can sometimes be a slippery slope, especially if feelings start to develop.

That's real talk right there, Chad. You don't want to do anything that might jeopardize your relationship, so it's important to be careful with who you choose to call a friend.