What thoughts do you have concerning AI image generators?

S

Silas Mavende

Ola amigos, I'd love to hear your two cents on AI image generators! What's the scoop on these nifty tools? Personally, I'm intrigued by the intersection of artificial intelligence and visual creativity. It's mind-blowing how these algorithms can churn out stunning and sometimes surreal images with minimal human input. However, I'm also wary of the ethical implications and potential misuse of such technology. So, what do you reckon? Are these AI image generators a blessing or a curse? Let's have a lively discussion!

recommended
R
Generative artificial intelligence is both exciting in terms of what it can do but also terrifying because of misuse.

Misuse of AI can primarily start from three sources:
  • Governments that always want to watch, monitor, or even control what their citizens do, or build offensive and defensive systems for wars.
  • Criminals, who will utilize any tool for illegal gains.
  • Big Tech MNCs for whom all the people are just targets for selling their products and services. It would be naive to think that this is not already happening.
But, we have not yet reached the point where we have to be scared of AI and robots, in the manner shown in numerous sci-fi movies.
C

Charlyn Sierra

For me, the lesson of the past few years is that it is intellectual and creative jobs may be first on the chopping block. Repetitive, assembly line tasks can be automated by machines, but only if they are designed to do so and only with money and resources put to the challenge. General labor machines, like human beings, are harder to get right. Just wait until AI is put to the task of designing machines for automation and then building them with general assembly tools. No job is safe, and this will happen inside of twenty years, possibly much less.

J

Jimena Garcia

For me, the lesson of the past few years is that it is intellectual and creative jobs may be first on the chopping block. Repetitive, assembly line tasks can be automated by machines, but only if they are designed to do so and only with money and resources put to the challenge. General labor machines, like human beings, are harder to get right. Just wait until AI is put to the task of designing machines for automation and then building them with general assembly tools. No job is safe, and this will happen inside of twenty years, possibly much less.

I think the fact that anyone is worried at all about AI "taking jobs" is telling about how horrible our economic systems and systems of governance are, like if AI took every service, informational, and assembly job, we all get to reap the benefits and spend our time better doing things we love, right? No, because greedy human hierarchy breaks this so we get starvation and revolution instead.

R

Revised History

Generative artificial intelligence is both exciting in terms of what it can do but also terrifying because of misuse.

Misuse of AI can primarily start from three sources:
  • Governments that always want to watch, monitor, or even control what their citizens do, or build offensive and defensive systems for wars.
  • Criminals, who will utilize any tool for illegal gains.
  • Big Tech MNCs for whom all the people are just targets for selling their products and services. It would be naive to think that this is not already happening.
But, we have not yet reached the point where we have to be scared of AI and robots, in the manner shown in numerous sci-fi movies.

recommended