EA has no plans to release a new Dead Space video game just yet

Electronic Arts, or EA, has no plans to release a new Dead Space video game just yet. Earlier this week, there was a rumor that development on a Dead Space 2 remake had been put on hold. However, EA claims that the supposed development never took place.

EA has no plans to release a new Dead Space video game just yet.png

B

Balloonite

Let them make something complete that is actually finished and not a remake.

The video game industry is really becoming a joke.

C

Crocula

Maybe look beyond the AAA studios?

AAA studios have the curse of having to deliver huge (expensive) games that cost a lot of money and need to make a lot of money. That means you have to cater to more potential customers, so you cater less and less to the niche. In my opinion, this is the reason why many AAA games (finished or not) are no longer appreciated by gamers.

Z

Zotco

A remake or remaster is less risky because you are reusing a concept that already works instead of a completely new IP that can flop. Now, I don't really think it's a good idea to just remaster everything, but it's less bad if they refresh the outdated gameplay and structure the level design differently. They should stop the remakes where it just looks like an HD texture pack.

B

Balloonite

Maybe look beyond the AAA studios?

AAA studios have the curse of having to deliver huge (expensive) games that cost a lot of money and need to make a lot of money. That means you have to cater to more potential customers, so you cater less and less to the niche. In my opinion, this is the reason why many AAA games (finished or not) are no longer appreciated by gamers.

No, I am talking about the surface-level companies. The only thing you can say about that is that despite Valve's completely different revenue model, Valve only releases it when it is polished. If you are only after the money and you cannot do passion projects because of investors, you get the stuff that EA keeps churning out.

S

suedenim

No, I am talking about the surface-level companies. The only thing you can say about that is that despite Valve's completely different revenue model, Valve only releases it when it is polished. If you are only after the money and you cannot do passion projects because of investors, you get the stuff that EA keeps churning out.

What you have to remember is that the video games Valve Corporation makes are not their biggest revenue model. That's Steam video game digital distribution service. So Valve Corporation has the ability to delay a video game until it is completely finished. AAA studios are usually closely monitored by shareholders and stakeholders, forcing them to meet deadlines and quotas. This is often the reason for the inferior games we have seen from the major studios lately. I also notice that I tend to play indie or nostalgic games more often.

But don't forget that even though the new games are generally considered "bad," they still have a huge number of casual gamers who don't have such strong opinions. They just want to have fun with Activision Call of Duty or play soccer with EA Sports FC. As long as it looks good on their Microsoft Xbox Series X console or Sony Playstation 5 console. That's the big market that AAA studios are going after.

L

LizzyChrome

It's not a completely fair comparison, because Valve Corporation also makes billions from Steam (video game digital distribution service) whether they release those games or not.