This almost-entrepreneur needs your two cents

C

Charlotte McGovern

Do y'all have any tips for someone thinking about diving into a small biz? I keep holding back, thinking I'm not ready or that nobody's got my back and I'll just get judged instead.

recommended
C
Just do it.
You'll never feel ready.
If they won't give you support, then you don't need it.
Who cares if they judge you?
H

Heather Simoneaux

Most of the time, your friends won't always support you, and you will face judgment. There's never a perfect moment, so take the leap. Don't let time slip away or allow the fear of others' opinions to hold you back.

C

Cinnamon Dream

Just do it.
You'll never feel ready.
If they won't give you support, then you don't need it.
Who cares if they judge you?

recommended
W

WeirdSysAdmin

While your friends may not always support you, and you might face judgment, don't wait for the perfect moment. Move forward and stop letting time slip away. Don't be held back by the fear of what others might think. Go for it! Be prepared that you might encounter more criticism than encouragement from those you know.

V

VanillaBean

Don't expect perfection. Start, even if it's not perfect, and adapt as you learn. Inevitably, you'll encounter setbacks, but view them as learning experiences that pave the way for better business practices and outcomes later.

R

Radiant-Two

"Just do it" is the best advice.

Everyone experiences fear and doubt, but don't procrastinate any longer. Find your "Why" and take action.

D

DirectorOrganic

People will always judge you, regardless of your actions. Start your small business anyway! Small businesses have their own unique potential for success.

U

UnrulyTrousers

The truth is, you're probably not ready, but you never will be. People are going to judge, and your friends probably won't support you like you would expect or hope. But those things don't really matter. Just do it. Conduct your research, stay informed, and then jump in and see how it goes. That's the only way to know if you can make it work.

U

Upper Willingness

To be honest, I think everyone has these types of thoughts. You will be okay if people don't like you or judge you. You have to get out of your comfort zone to make progress. Do it when it feels right to you, nobody but you will know when that time is. Best wishes!

S

Solid Entertainment

Launching a business requires trusting your abilities and taking things one day at a time. Surrounding yourself with a supportive group can be incredibly helpful. Keep your spirits high, because the greatest successes are still ahead!

S

Sheila Monarch

There will always be judgment, but it typically comes from people who do less than you. You wouldn't take advice from people who aren't willing to show up for themselves, so don't let that stop you from realizing your potential and finding fulfillment. It's easier said than done, but it's so worth it!

D

DrColdReality

My opinion might be perceived as biased, but I strongly recommend hiring a business consultant to assist you in crafting solid strategies, enabling you to launch from a position of strength and achieve genuine success. Subsequently, considering a business coach to maintain your motivation and drive forward would be wise.