What advice would you give to someone who has no business experience?

G

Gibby

What's good fam! If one were to find themselves in a situation where they possess an absence of familiarity in matters pertaining to commercial ventures, yet are endowed with an ample abundance of spare moments to devote to acquiring said knowledge, what advice would you suggest to aid them in this endeavor? Is it also possible to set up a small business that runs itself?

recommended
L
Learn everything you can, be organized, be deliberate, and plan everything out. Proper planning will save you a lot of headaches. Become the subject matter expert in the field you are trying to tap into. If you have competition learn everything you can about them and what makes you different/better. Be prepared to work 80 hr weeks to be successful and don't be discouraged by failure, learn from it and become better.
S

Sam Sierra

What do you mean by a business that runs itself? I am not sure that exists as there must be some elements to managing a business. Well unless you're paying folks to do so.

G

Gibby

What do you mean by a business that runs itself? I am not sure that exists as there must be some elements to managing a business. Well unless you're paying folks to do so.

Well, I was watching some YouTube videos and one video popped up on an investment group about vending machines. That is what I was thinking about.

B

Brainbox

Well, I was watching some YouTube videos and one video popped up on an investment group about vending machines. That is what I was thinking about.

Even a vending machine business doesn't run itself. Some folks probably wish automation was that advanced today. At least, we aren't there yet. I was just pointing to the fact that very few businesses run as such that they feel that way.

E

Elluminated

In that case, embrace a learning mindset and start by gaining foundational business knowledge through online courses, books, and resources. Network with experienced entrepreneurs, seek mentorship and gradually immerse yourself in practical experiences to understand the nuances of running a self-sustaining small business.

L

Lost in Connecticut

Learn everything you can, be organized, be deliberate, and plan everything out. Proper planning will save you a lot of headaches. Become the subject matter expert in the field you are trying to tap into. If you have competition learn everything you can about them and what makes you different/better. Be prepared to work 80 hr weeks to be successful and don't be discouraged by failure, learn from it and become better.

recommended

3eemer

We all started off having no experience. Don’t rush things to make decisions. Be proactive and organised. Ensure you have a lost of what you want done.

V

Vegetable Broccoli

It's always challenging. One needs a support system via the many who have tried and faced numerous obstacles for mentorship. Knowledge is key, now well facilitated by research through the phone (a walking encyclopedia that's practically at minimal cost).

No more late nights at the local library, only to find the page you needed most was torn off and taken away by another who just made it to the book before you! Many "success stories" don't reveal the learning curve, which enables one to understand the ropes of cutting it in the business and professional world, with the ever-changing uncontrollable environmental factors.

R

Ri8ley

What is the fastest way of advertising your business?

It depends. The best and fastest way to advertise your business is to know your target market and strategies ways to get to them. For example, Bugatti or Automobili Lamborghini doesn't advertise their cars like Toyota or Honda because the target market is different.