What are your thoughts on the 90-day dating rule?

recommended
I don't agree with the 90-day dating rule and I think it's not for every dating situation. There are men out there who are just as much a good catch as good women and sometimes you could lose a good man all because you want to play the 90-day dating rule game.

Just because he doesn't want to wait 3 months for you does not make him a horrible person or a shallow one either. I'm not saying you should give it up without knowing the person from a personality perspective, but you can't apply this method to every dating situation.

Scorpio

grand master
I don't agree with the 90-day dating rule and I think it's not for every dating situation. There are men out there who are just as much a good catch as good women and sometimes you could lose a good man all because you want to play the 90-day dating rule game.

Just because he doesn't want to wait 3 months for you does not make him a horrible person or a shallow one either. I'm not saying you should give it up without knowing the person from a personality perspective, but you can't apply this method to every dating situation.

recommended

Black Panther

grand master
The 90-day dating rule bases its reasoning on the fact of saying that's how long it takes you to get benefits at a job. So a woman should wait for 90 days because in 90 days most of his crazy ways or whatever behavior will show within that time period and you won't have given him benefits if he really wasn't the man for the job.

Honestly, most people aren't going to do that 90 dating rule. Yes, it would be the safest route but not many are going to choose to do that. If you aren't going to wait until marriage then some type of waiting period or restraint should be practiced.

Some people say 2 weeks, some say until the 5th date, some may do the 90-day dating rule thing, some may say not until marriage, and others may just do it when it feels like the right time. It's a personal choice.

Scorpio

grand master
By the way who popularized the 90-day dating rule?

Steve Harvey used the 90-day dating rule in comparison to starting a new job and how you have to wait 90 days before you are eligible for benefits. It's just basically applying that same rule of waiting 90 days (or 3 months) to allow yourself time to get to know the person better before giving them your benefits (i.e., sex).

I understand that waiting to have sex with someone is a person's personal test to see if that person likes them or wants to get in their pants. Waiting for longer periods of time may have been a good notion in an old-fashioned society.

But in a society where the media constantly distributes sex in one way or another, having a set amount of time for a "waiting period" is ridiculous. "The waiting period" should be based on the connection between the two people.