Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I think both Andy Muridzo and Jah Prayzah are both talented Zim artists with huge potential to far exceed what some of the Zim artists have done.

But from the look of things, Jah Prayzah is someone who is more of a visionary as compared to Andy Muridzo because the fact that Jah Prayzah set up Military Touch Movement is enough proof to give Jah Prayzah the credit of being a visionary.

So from me, I expect Andy Muridzo to do the same thing and set up his own record company to promote and market his own works.

That way I will be satisfied that Andy Muridzo is now on a path of making an impact on the Zimbabwean music scene.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
I think both Andy Muridzo and Jah Prayzah are both talented Zim artists with huge potential to far exceed what some of the Zim artists have done.

But from the look of things, Jah Prayzah is someone who is more of a visionary as compared to Andy Muridzo because the fact that Jah Prayzah set up Military Touch Movement is enough proof to give Jah Prayzah the credit of being a visionary.

So from me, I expect Andy Muridzo to do the same thing and set up his own record company to promote and market his own works.

That way I will be satisfied that Andy Muridzo is now on a path of making an impact on the Zimbabwean music scene.

I get your point of view but starting a record label in Zimbabwe is NOT a guarantee of being a successful artist.

A record company requires capital to make it run efficiently and to also cover the costs of paying the staff that you will employ in the day-to-day running of the record label.

I would say that Andy Muridzo right now needs to put out more music and make hay while the sun still shines.

Tomorrow the Zimbabwean music landscape will certainly look different because they will always be upcoming competition from the undiscovered youngsters.

I guess we can safely say right now Jah Prayzah is currently ahead of Andy Muridzo in terms of mileage.

Jah Prayzah has been working with several international artists here and there, but Andy Muridzo doesn't have a major international collaboration to his name as compared to Jah Prayzah.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I get your point of view but starting a record label in Zimbabwe is NOT a guarantee of being a successful artist.

A record company requires capital to make it run efficiently and to also cover the costs of paying the staff that you will employ in the day-to-day running of the record label.

I would say that Andy Muridzo right now needs to put out more music and make hay while the sun still shines.

Tomorrow the Zimbabwean music landscape will certainly look different because they will always be upcoming competition from the undiscovered youngsters.

I guess we can safely say right now Jah Prayzah is currently ahead of Andy Muridzo in terms of mileage.

Jah Prayzah has been working with several international artists here and there, but Andy Muridzo doesn't have a major international collaboration to his name as compared to Jah Prayzah.

But how come Jah Prayzah went on to do several international collaborations with artists like Diamond Platinumz, Davido, Mafikizolo, etc but he never thought of giving some of those opportunities to Andy Muridzo since they are both under Military Touch Movement?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
But how come Jah Prayzah went on to do several international collaborations with artists like Diamond Platinumz, Davido, Mafikizolo, etc but he never thought of giving some of those opportunities to Andy Muridzo since they are both under Military Touch Movement?

The question is "Was Jah Prayzah obligated to finance international collaborations for Andy Muridzo though?"

That's the starting point of this saga between Jah Prayzah and Andy Muridzo.

You can't just blame Jah Prayzah or Military Touch Movement for Andy Muridzo's demise of failing to land himself an opportunity for international collaborations.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
The question is "Was Jah Prayzah obligated to finance international collaborations for Andy Muridzo though?"

That's the starting point of this saga between Jah Prayzah and Andy Muridzo.

You can't just blame Jah Prayzah or the Military Touch Movement for Andy Muridzo's demise of failing to land himself an opportunity for international collaborations.

Well let's say for example if Jah Prayzah and Military Touch Movement were not supposed to finance the career of Andy Muridzo then why would Andy Muridzo even bother to sign a contract with Military Touch Movement.

Seriously, what was the incentive of Andy Muridzo to join the Military Touch Movement if he wasn't going to be financed so that he could secure deals to collaborate with international artists like Davido, Tekno or whatever?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Well let's say for example if Jah Prayzah and Military Touch Movement were not supposed to finance the career of Andy Muridzo then why would Andy Muridzo even bother to sign a contract with Military Touch Movement.

Seriously, what was the incentive of Andy Muridzo to join the Military Touch Movement if he wasn't going to be financed so that he could secure deals to collaborate with international artists like Davido, Tekno or whatever?

Yeah, you are kinda right and that's why this entire Andy Muridzo and Military Touch Movement deal smells fishy.

In a normal situation, a record label is supposed to push its artists. Now from the look of things, the Military Touch Movement is centered around Jah Prayzah too much.

I just have to say Andy Muridzo leaving Military Touch Movement is a good move for his career in the Zimbabwean music industry.