Why do some women dislike men for being virgins?

recommended
M
It's called preselection, and thus many but not all women want a man that all women want; being a virgin says you are not desirable to most women and I guess the rest is self-explanatory.
R

Rory Destri

It's a red flag not that he's a virgin but his lack of experience in relationships. Come on. There could be a dude with a 50 body count who could be lacking relationship skills too. That player could probably bounce around from a short-term situation, less than 2 weeks, to another short-term hook-up.

J

Josh Rudman

If women lie about their body count then I don't see any difference if a guy lies about not being a virgin. Plus, lying about not being a virgin is a pretty harmless lie.

A

Anna Yamada

If women lie about their body count then I don't see any difference if a guy lies about not being a virgin. Plus, lying about not being a virgin is a pretty harmless lie.

Well, if you want to "just get over it", maybe. But if you want it to be meaningful in some way and with a woman that means something to you, it's probably not a good idea to start everything with a lie, right?

J

Josh Rudman

Well, if you want to "just get over it", maybe. But if you want it to be meaningful in some way and with a woman that means something to you, it's probably not a good idea to start everything with a lie, right?

You can argue that sex may be more "meaningful" or special if both partners are virgins. However, if the woman that you're dating is not a virgin then what difference does it make if a guy lies about not being a virgin?

A

Anna Yamada

You can argue that sex may be more "meaningful" or special if both partners are virgins. However, if a woman that you're dating is not a virgin then what difference does it make if a guy lies about not being a virgin?

It's still his first time and he will probably remember it for a long time. So it probably will be meaningful to him in some way. But wouldn't you like it more to have this memory with a woman you would see a chance of having a future together instead of some random girl whose name you will have forgotten two years later? And let's say you start a relationship with her, then you already have lied to her, just to get in bed with her. I think I wouldn't like that.

C

Chris Kessler

Honestly, just lying about it just to get it over with I think is fine enough. And even if you guys go into a relationship say like a few months to a year down the line. You just break it to her: "Baby, our first time, was my first time." She might be upset but I don't think that's something to break up with a dude over especially over something like virginity. It's not like he's cheating or anything.