Numero Uno

grand master
Chick-fil-A franchise owner Ashley Lamothe Derby has opened another franchise which is located at 7th & Figueroa, Los Angeles, California. Ashley began her career with Chick-fil-A at age 15 and was working hard at a restaurant in her hometown of Marietta, Georgia. After enrolling at Spelman College, Ashley was now working at a Chick-fil-A near campus and fortunately, the restaurant operator suggested to her she should consider a career in leadership with the company because she had good work ethic hence she changed her major at Spelman College from theater to economics.

Attachments

• Ashley Lamothe Chick-Fil-A.png
    Ashley Lamothe Chick-Fil-A.png
    578.7 KB · Views: 720

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I hardly ever say congratulations to anyone, but it seems Ashley Lamothe has been on point so congratulations to her, wishing lots of success in her future endeavors.

Scorpio

grand master
Okay so she went to Spelman College that's fine but I am assuming she came from money (a rich family) or sugar daddy investment.

It's nothing but sugar daddies in GA. :love:

Scorpio

grand master
You are just a hater trying to undermine Ashley's success. :unsure:

You are clearly missing the point I am trying to make about her. I need the part of the story left out. Like where did she get the money to own a Chick-Fil-A franchise? Especially with student loans. Unless she just came from a rich background?

Black Panther

grand master
You are clearly missing the point I am trying to make about her. I need the part of the story left out. Like where did she get the money to own a Chick-Fil-A franchise? Especially with student loans. Unless she just came from a rich background?

She was working at Chick-Fil-A before she finally opened her own franchise and that was when she was 26 years old. Now she is 33 years old she has opened another Chick-Fil-A restaurant.

Scorpio

grand master
So how do Franchise owners like her make money with this type of business?

Can a franchise be passed on as generational wealth?

They own everything. You’re just an operator. You get 5% of all sales. If they make 4 million that year you only get $200k. You're basically just an overpaid store manager. You can't sell it or pass it on to the family as generational wealth.

Black Panther

grand master
So how do Franchise owners like Ashley Lamothe make money with this Chick-Fil-A type of business. Can a franchise be passed on as generational wealth?

It only cost $10,000 to open, but they are very selective with who they choose to let operate a location. She must have a stellar reputation! They don’t allow franchise owners to open new locations, sell their business to others, nor can they leave the business to their families. Good for her! This is a great opportunity.

Scorpio

grand master
I have done a little research her dad is very wealthy, don't be fooled. He owns his own dental practice. She didn't work her way up and buy one of these, you have to have over $500k in the bank to even be considered to own one.

Black Panther

grand master
I have done a little research her dad is very wealthy, don't be fooled. He owns his own dental practice. She didn't work her way up and buy one of these, you have to have over $500k in the bank to even be considered to own one.

Chick-fil-A pay for everything if they choose you to franchise the company. You have to put up $10k application fee though. However, they pick the location and everything so you are just the face of that location.