A

Ashley Myers

I mix at a very low volume in Image-Line's FL Studio. As a result, when I master a track, it only comes out slightly louder and remains well below 0 dB. While I'm happy with the sound itself, I'm concerned about how quiet my tracks are compared to most commercially available music, especially considering their waveforms.

S

Skirt Douglas

Your track may be too dynamic, which is why it's not as loud as you want it to be. It's not a crime for your track to pass 0 dBFS, as long as it doesn't sound clipped. You should try playing around with clippers and limiters, adding a bit of crunch or distortion to lessen the dynamics a bit.

W

WhoKnows

Your listening volume has nothing to do with the project's loudness. Turn up the tracks in the digital audio workstation and look at the dB meters.

T

Ttembo

Although some people may appreciate the high dynamic range, many casual listeners may find it annoying that they have to turn up the volume whenever the song comes on. Therefore, it may be beneficial to balance the dynamic range to improve the listening experience for a wider audience.