Numero Uno

grand master
Can the regulation and taxation of Zimbabwean Churches reduced things like money laundering, rape accusations and religious abuse of Prophets claiming to be "anointed" yet being duplicitous in their deeds.

Scorpio

grand master
Yes, especially mega churches which attract many people should have to pay tax because they sell merchandise whilst making people pay for services such as talking to the Prophet.

Where in the bible is a verse which says Prophets should charge US dollars for people to see them?

Queen

grand master
Taxation of churches that will be an absolute disaster.

But I do agree with the idea of regulating churches to prevent church ministers ending up like convicted rapist Robert Martin Gumbura.

Black Panther

grand master
But I do agree with the idea of regulating churches to prevent church ministers ending up like convicted rapist Robert Martin Gumbura.

The question then becomes... "How do you plan to regulate Zimbabwean churches to avoid rape cases continually being brought forward?"

Because it sounds like the Zim government will have to interfere with church issues and it's not something which will be welcomed by either the Christian community or the Zimbabwean Islam community.

Black Panther

grand master
How come Catholic priests don't make as much money as other Protestant church pastors or Prophets?

I have heard Catholic priests agree to an oath of poverty.

In reality The Catholic Church (i.e. The Vatican) is rich as a church, but the individual priests depend heavily on the church.

As for other churches like Pentecostals and Protestants that's obviously different from Catholics because they tend to generate more money for themselves — think in terms of modern mega church Prophets.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I somewhat find it strange that churches should have to pay income tax like corporations.

So how do you stop them from fleecing the congregation to live their lavish lifestyle?

There is a need to enforce the closure of most church businesses.

People are now getting jinxed by the presence of too many churches. It has become sporadic and going out of control already.

Queen

grand master
It's the greedy pastors and prophets damaging the image of Christians.

That's because everyone called a pastor isn't really a pastor these days.

Some are just entrepreneurs taking advantage of Christianity and brainwashing folks into believing they happen to be the "Man of God," in actuality they are far from it.