Status
This post is closed for further replies.
A man was arrested in Macheke for stealing a hearse belonging to a funeral company when it was delivering the body to Murehwa in Mashonaland East. Zimbabwe Republic Police Assistant Inspector Misheck Denhere, who previously held the position of police spokesperson for the Mashonaland East region, commented on the arrest of Sydney Chauke — aged twenty-seven — by saying the following:

"The incident occurred when Macheke ZRP police were alerted by Murehwa detectives that there was a man — Sydney Chauke — who had stolen a First Mutual Funeral Services hearse at a funeral that had brought a corpse and he drove it along the road that goes to Macheke. However, Macheke ZRP police were then waiting on the Murehwa-Macheke road when they saw the car approaching and tried to stop it, but the driver refused to stop and sped down the forest road."

Eventually, Sydney Chauke was arrested after having been shot in the left leg because he had refused to comply with the Zimbabwean Republic Police when he was told to stop running away after leaving the hearse because he had faced a blockade whilst driving.

In my opinion, I think Sydney has a spirit of poverty; look guys I am not judging. I am just saying befuddled why anyone in his or her right mind decides that stealing a hearse in broad daylight is a good idea. Hopefully, he will find ways to redeem himself and do better. It's not the end of the world.

Attachments

• Zimbabwe Republic Police Assistant Inspector Misheck Denhere.mp4
    154.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Sydney Chauke allegedly stole a hearse in Macheke.png
    Sydney Chauke allegedly stole a hearse in Macheke.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 66
Status
This post is closed for further replies.