video Gemma Griffiths Has Dropped A New Music Video For Her Song "My Town"

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Zim singer and songwriter Gemma Griffiths has finally released a new music video for the song "My Town" which is the title track for her debut album.

This song was produced by Graham Ward, whilst David East took care of the visuals for Gemma Griffiths's "My Town" music video.

Attachments

• Gemma Griffiths My Town.jpeg
    Gemma Griffiths My Town.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 286

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Okay, but what is Gemma Griffiths' target audience with this type of music?

Her music seems to laid back, sort of like the music you would expect in a lounge environment but it suits her vocal range though.

I think she should try pop music to gain more exposure because this type of music won't resonate with the 18-24 demographic.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Okay, but what is Gemma Griffiths target audience with this type of music?

Her music seems to laid back, sort of like the music you would expect in a lounge environment but it suits her vocal range though.

I think she should try pop music to gain more exposure because this type of music won't resonate with the 18-24 demographic.

Gemma Griffiths comes across as more like a Folk music artist but she can pretty much be a ballad pop singer.

I haven't listened to her debut album but from this song that's the vibe, I am getting.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Gemma Griffiths comes across as more like a Folk music artist but she can pretty much be a ballad pop singer. I haven't listened to her debut album but from this song that's the vibe, I am getting.

Alright but this type of music won't grab the attention of the demographic age group of 18-24 so the idea of you saying Gemma Griffiths can easily be a ballad pop singer is out of the question.

You can't be a pop singer without grabbing that age demographic because the level of consumerism is high with that age bracket which means more money to be generated in terms of revenue generated from merchandise, music publishing royalties, and etc.

This type of music Gemma Griffiths is releasing will basically suit people who are more so into folk music and that's basically a much older demographic above 35+ years onward.

Another thing you have to consider while still on demographics is culture and the ethnicity of the target audience.

Most people in Zimbabwe are quite frankly hooked on Zimdancehall and Afropop -- they are not really into this type of music. So you get what I am trying to say, don't you?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Alright but this type of music won't grab the attention of the demographic age group of 18-24 so the idea of you saying Gemma Griffiths can easily be a ballad pop singer is out of the question.

You can't be a pop singer without grabbing that age demographic because the level of consumerism is high with that age bracket which means more money to be generated in terms of revenue generated from merchandise, music publishing royalties, and etc.

This type of music Gemma Griffiths is releasing will basically suit people who are more so into folk music and that's basically a much older demographic above 35+ years onward.

Another thing you have to consider while still on demographics is culture and the ethnicity of the target audience.

Most people in Zimbabwe are quite frankly hooked on Zimdancehall and Afropop -- they are not really into this type of music. So you get what I am trying to say, don't you?

In a nutshell who should be Gemma Griffiths' target audience then?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
It's self-explanatory Gemma Griffiths target cultural demographic group is the caucasian audience with this type of music.

Well, Gemma Griffiths' cover song for Winky D's song "Musarova Bigman" was appreciated from a multi-cultural perspective though.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Well, Gemma Griffiths' cover song for Winky D's song "Musarova Bigman" was appreciated from a multi-cultural perspective though.

That's because Gemma Griffiths covered a Zimdancehall hit song.

Do you really think Zimdancehall fans will listen to this type of music?

Maybe if Gemma Griffiths collaborates with a Zimdancehall artist, then they might even bother to start checking out for her music.

However, I can't think of any Zimdancehall artist that can make a cohesive song with Gemma Griffiths. Although the possibility is there if the production and songwriting are done properly -- only time will tell.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
That's because Gemma Griffiths covered a Zimdancehall hit song.

Do you really think Zimdancehall fans will listen to this type of music?

Maybe if Gemma Griffiths collaborates with a Zimdancehall artist, then they might even bother to start checking out for her music.

However, I can't think of any Zimdancehall artist that can make a cohesive song with Gemma Griffiths. Although the possibility is there if the production and songwriting are done properly -- only time will tell.

At the end of the day, are you saying "My Town" isn't a good song by Gemma Griffiths?

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
At the end of the day are you saying "My Town" isn't a good song by Gemma Griffiths?

I am not suggesting "My Town" isn't a good song by Gemma Griffiths.

All I am saying is, this type of music doesn't have a reasonable market in Zimbabwe's music industry.

But outside the boundaries of Zimbabwe then yeah, there is a much broader audience for this.

It all comes down to the direction which Gemma Griffiths wants to take her career to.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.