How do you learn music theory in Image-Line's FL Studio?

Black Panther

grand master
Music theory is a very long subject and will take a long time to go from beginner to intermediate. There is always something new to learn. But I can help. So where do you want to start?

Scorpio

grand master
Here is what I think: you first need to learn how to do basic midi editing functions with Image-Line's FL Studio so that you understand the music software program before you dive deep into music theory.

And with that said, how would you describe your level of proficiency with FL Studio?

Numero Uno

grand master
Here is what I think: you need to learn how to do basic functions with Image-Line's FL Studio so that you understand the music software program before you dive deep into music theory.

And with that said how would you describe your level of proficiency with FL Studio?

I am still a noob.

Numero Uno

grand master
The lowest note on a grand piano is A0 (27.5 Hz) and the highest note is C8 (4.2 kHz or precisely 4186.0 Hz).

Okay, so since the lowest pitch on a piano is A0 (27.5 Hz) like you said. Is that the reason why audio mastering recommendations frequently point out to High-Pass Filter everything below 32 Hz or 36 Hz?

Black Panther

grand master
Okay, so since the lowest pitch on a piano is A0 (27.5 Hz) like you said. Is that the reason why audio mastering recommendations frequently point out to High-Pass Filter everything below 32 Hz or 36 Hz?

Technically, yes, you are right. Because anything below 32 Hz is mostly felt rather than clearly perceived by the human ear. Most audio systems don't go that low either. Meaning 43 Hz (note F1) and 55 Hz (note A1) that's the common bass extension plenty of audio speakers have.

Black Panther

grand master
What's that?

Basically, mainstream music is tonal. This means both melodies and chord progressions will revolve around a specified tonal center. For example, if you choose the tonal center as note C, then in that scenario as a music producer you may opt to use the scale of C major for composing music.

Latest resources