Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Listen to Kikky Badass's song "Body Conversations."

The music video was directed by Blaqs (Vusa Hlatshwayo) who has also worked with other fellow Zim music artists such as Jah Prayzah, ExQ, Ammara Brown, and many more.

Scorpio

grand master
The visuals for this song are alright and I think the overall delivery of the lyrics is okay, although I couldn't hear some parts of the song due to a language barrier. Nevertheless, this Zim Hip Hop female artist needs to release more music and improve her delivery, switch up her flow and get somebody to help her write some bars.

The Hip Hop music industry has changed to the point where ghostwriting is now becoming more and more accepted gradually so I don't see any reason why she shouldn't use a ghostwriter were necessary, not that she should announce it publicly but keep it on the low like everybody else.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
The visuals for this song are alright and I think the overall delivery of the lyrics is okay, although I couldn't hear some parts of the song due to a language barrier. Nevertheless, this Zim Hip Hop female artist needs to release more music and improve her delivery, switch up her flow and get somebody to help her write some bars.

The Hip Hop music industry has changed to the point where ghostwriting is now becoming more and more accepted gradually so I don't see any reason why she shouldn't use a ghostwriter were necessary, not that she should announce it publicly but keep it on the low like everybody else.

She is basically mixing Shona and English lyrics together. So I guess that's why it can be difficult for some international listeners to really appreciate Kikky Baddass' music.

But I think it is just a matter which requires patience when you are listening to African Hip Hop music such as Zim Hip Hop or Nigerian Hip Hop. Because most African Hip Hop rappers have a tendency to blend their native language and English lyrics.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
I will try to give it a listen when I get time. By the way, what record label is Kikky Badass signed to?

I am not really sure but I heard Kikky Badass is affiliated with OMG Studios, which happens to be a subsidiary of Oak Media Group.

Scorpio

grand master
I am not really sure but I heard Kikky Badass is affiliated with OMG Studios, which happens to be a subsidiary of Oak Media Group.

Where is this "OMG Studios" located? Is OMG Studios a record label or just a music publishing company?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Where is this "OMG Studios" located? Is OMG Studios a record label or just a music publishing company?

OMG Studios is located in South Africa and its mission statement is:

"OMG Studios is a music publishing house aimed at providing existing and aspiring artists a platform to showcase their talent. OMG Studios services are designed to nurture and assist music talent both artistically and entrepreneurially, thus providing all-round exposure to the entertainment industry."
So, therefore, we can say OMG Studios is a music publishing company maybe OMG Studios has a record company division but that I don't really know.

Scorpio

grand master
But why are these Zim Hip Hop artists signing music distribution deals with South African music publishing companies aren't there music publishing companies in the Republic of Zimbabwe?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
But why are these Zim Hip Hop artists signing music distribution deals with South African music publishing companies aren't there music publishing companies in the Republic of Zimbabwe?

I can't speak for every Zim Hip Hop artist but all I can say is that in this case, Kikky Badass made the choice to work with OMG Studios for whatever reason she thought would benefit her as female Zim Hip Hop artist.

Only Kikky Badass is well-informed why she went with a South African music publishing company as opposed to a Zimbabwean music publishing company?

What do you think Kikky Badass should have done for her music career?

Black Panther

grand master
I can't speak for every Zim Hip Hop artist but all I can say is that in this case, Kikky Badass made the choice to work with OMG Studios for whatever reason she thought would benefit her as female Zim Hip Hop artist.

Only Kikky Badass is well-informed why she went with a South African music publishing company as opposed to a Zimbabwean music publishing company?

What do you think Kikky Badass should have done for her music career?

Look I don't know about this Kikky Badass artist but if you guys are saying this is an artist who has music publishing deal yet she has less than a million views for that song you posted there called "Body Conversations."

To me, this is a lame music publishing deal because a music publisher is supposed to give you advance money to market your music by running YouTube Ad campaigns to drive views to your new music video.

They could also do that via the use of Google Adwords, meaning this Kikky Badass song should have already hit over a million views. That's how some record labels do it over here in America don't know about there in Africa.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Look I don't know about this Kikky Badass artist but if you guys are saying this is an artist who has music publishing deal yet she has less than a million views for that song you posted there called "Body Conversations."

To me, this is a lame music publishing deal because a music publisher is supposed to give you advance money to market your music by running YouTube Ad campaigns to drive views to your new music video.

They could also do that via the use of Google Adwords, meaning this Kikky Badass song should have already hit over a million views. That's how some record labels do it over here in America don't know about there in Africa.

You are now talking of huge music promotion budgets that most of the music publishing or record labels in Zimbabwe will not be able to afford and pull them off like that.

Speaking of which, if the record label spends money on YouTube Ad campaigns or Google Adwords doesn't that make it even more difficult to attain a profit from the album or music releases.

Black Panther

grand master
You are now talking of huge music promotion budgets that most of the music publishing or record labels in Zimbabwe will not be able to afford and pull them off like that. Speaking of which, if the record label spends money on YouTube Ad campaigns or Google Adwords doesn't that make it even more difficult to attain a profit from the album or music releases.

To be successful in business you will definitely need to spend some of your coins on a marketing budget otherwise you will be eaten for lunch by your rivals. Unless you are selling a product like crack that doesn't need advertising.

Even if a music publishing company spends money on promoting its songwriters and artists. There is a possibility of it making money because they will have an agreement not to issue royalties payments to the artist until they have managed to recoup their costs in music promotion and marketing.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
To be successful in business you will definitely need to spend some of your coins on a marketing budget otherwise you will be eaten for lunch by your rivals. Unless you are selling a product like crack that doesn't need advertising.

Even if a music publishing company spends money on promoting its songwriters and artists. There is a possibility of it making money because they will have an agreement not to issue royalties payments to the artist until they have managed to recoup their costs in music promotion and marketing.

Oh, I see what you are saying.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.