Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Takura (Bernard Shonhai), the self-proclaimed leader of Zim Hip Hop's new school has made it public about his ambitions of filling up HICC and that's a milestone already achieved by Zimdancehall artiste Winky D and Zim music legend Oliver Mtukudzi.

There aren't many Zim Hip Hop artists that would even dare to take upon the task of engaging in such an endeavor due to the fact that Zimdancehall has over the years overshadowed the shine of Zim Hip Hop in the Zimbabwean music industry.

This simply means if some of the popular Zimdancehall artists have a hard time filling up HICC, why would an average Zim Hip Hop artist have the nerve and the audacity to embark on Filling Up HICC?

But, wait for it... Since this is Takura, he obviously isn't your average Zim Hip Hop artist. The fella sure knows how to make good music and is by far one of the most talented Zim Hip Hop artists around in the game.

Honorable mention goes to Stunner and Cal_Vin, Asaph, Ti Gonzi, etc.

Takura Fill Up HICC.jpg

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Not to be hater towards any progress being made in Zim Hip Hop. But let's call a spade, a spade here. There is no chance in hell, Takura can #FillUPHICC on his own the way Winky D and Oliver Mtukudzi did it.

The only viable solution for Takura to fill up HICC is to have another Zim Hip Hop artist who has just about the same clout as him or to have an artist like Cassper Nyovest or AKA to show up as a supporting artist otherwise this whole #FIllUPHICC won't happen with his own effort like Winky D.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Not to be hater towards any progress being made in Zim Hip Hop. But let's call a spade, a spade here. There is no chance in hell, Takura can #FillUPHICC on his own the way Winky D and Oliver Mtukudzi did it.

The only viable solution for Takura to fill up HICC is to have another Zim Hip Hop artist who has just about the same clout as him or to have an artist like Cassper Nyovest or AKA to show up as a supporting artist otherwise this whole #FIllUPHICC won't happen with his own effort like Winky D.

People said the same thing when Cassper Nyovest had the same vision. They thought Cassper Nyovest was crazy but Cassper Nyovest filled up the dome and went on to fill up FNB Stadium.

What makes you think that Takura can't achieve the same dreams as a Zim Hip Hop artist and fill up HICC.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
People said the same thing when Cassper Nyovest had the same vision. They thought Cassper Nyovest was crazy but Cassper Nyovest filled up the dome and went on to fill up FNB Stadium.

What makes you think that Takura can't achieve the same dreams as a Zim Hip Hop artist and fill up HICC.

You can't compare Cassper Nyovest and Takura. Stop it! SA Hip Hop is a much bigger industry than Zim Hip Hop and by that virtue, it has more support than Zim Hip Hop. Name one Zim Hip Hop artist you know that drives a Bentley?

You have to further take into account that Takura as a Zim Hip Hop artist he has never EVER headlined any high profile music event in Zimbabwe. Takura can't even headline HIFA.

As I said, I am not saying Takura isn't one of the best Zim Hip Hop artists around.

All I am trying to do is paint a bigger picture than Takura should start small otherwise he might pop up in Comic Pastor's Comic Awards for being the most delusional Zim Hip Hop artist.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
You can't compare Cassper Nyovest and Takura. Stop it! SA Hip Hop is a much bigger industry than Zim Hip Hop and by that virtue, it has more support than Zim Hip Hop. Name one Zim Hip Hop artist you know that drives a Bentley? :unsure:

You have to further take into account that Takura as a Zim Hip Hop artist he has never EVER headlined any high profile music event in Zimbabwe. Takura can't even headline HIFA.

As I said, I am not saying Takura isn't one of the best Zim Hip Hop artists around.

All I am trying to do is paint a bigger picture than Takura should start small otherwise he might pop up in Comic Pastor's Comic Awards for being the most delusional Zim Hip Hop artist.

I guess the plan is that Takura will get help from Cassper Nyovest to #FIllUpHICC but Takura will headline the event instead of Cassper Nyovest.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I guess the plan is that Takura will get help from Cassper Nyovest to #FIllUpHICC but Takura will headline the event instead of Cassper Nyovest.

From that perspective you have pointed out I have to disagree with you because it doesn't make sense for Takura to headline #FillUpHICC because Cassper Nyovest is a much bigger artist than Takura.

You can't have a less popular artist to headline an event while the bigger artist is there. It would kill the overall ratings of the show.

The momentum will be dead. Rather people will just be coming to see Cassper Nyovest and not Takura. So this is a gimmicky way of filling up HICC.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
From that perspective you have pointed out I have to disagree with you because it doesn't make sense for Takura to headline #FillUpHICC because Cassper Nyovest is a much bigger artist than Takura.

You can't have a less popular artist to headline an event while the bigger artist is there. It would kill the overall ratings of the show.

The momentum will be dead. Rather people will just be coming to see Cassper Nyovest and not Takura. So this is a gimmicky way of filling up HICC.

Zim Hip Hop is a business. So it doesn't matter if Takura insists on using Cassper Nyovest as a gimmick to achieve his goal of filling up HICC.

The next day the reports will be that Takura filled up HICC.

Sometimes the end justifies the means...