general Zim Hip Hop Artist Tricky J Collaborated On The Song "Get Set" With Zimdancehall Artist Lady Bee

Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Zim Hip Hop artist Tricky J joined forces with female Zimdancehall artist Lady Bee to collaborate on a track titled "Get Set." This is a good synergy between both artists as it highlights a beautiful sonic moment established when Zim Ip Ap meets Zimdaansaal.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Lady Bee is definitely one of the most underrated female Zimdancehall artists.

I will add on to say Lady Bee needs to work on her brand presence and focus more on releasing more videos because that way people may start to engage with her Zimdancehall music.

Lady Bee should also find other means to generate publicity for herself as an artist outside of Zimdancehall so as lure more people to be part of her own Zimdancehall fan base.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I will add on to say Lady Bee needs to work on her brand presence and focus more on releasing more videos because that way people may start to engage with her Zimdancehall music.

Lady Bee should also find other means to generate publicity for herself as an artist outside of Zimdancehall so as lure more people to be part of her own Zimdancehall fan base.

Yeah, the same thing can be said about Tricky J because if you look at the current state of Zim Hip Hop the artists that are more mainstream are Stunner, Takura, Tehn Diamond and Cal_Vin.

So you have to wonder if the diaspora is even aware of a Zim Hip Hop by the name Tricky J. But they definitely know Stunner though. The music business is all about building your brand which I agree with you.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Yeah, the same thing can be said about Tricky J because if you look at the current state of Zim Hip Hop the artists that are more mainstream are Stunner, Takura, Tehn Diamond and Cal_Vin.

So you have to wonder if the diaspora is even aware of a Zim Hip Hop by the name Tricky J. But they definitely know Stunner though. The music business is all about building your brand which I agree with you.

I see you have mentioned Stunner about his brand presence in the Zim Diaspora Community, well that's true to a certain degree. Now some people were not really checking for Stunner at all up until that story of Stunner and Olinda Chapel.

Of course, the story of Olinda Chapel and Stunner is water under the bridge but what I am trying to say is that such things can bring about massive amounts of publicity.

Just like Olinda Chapel became a Zim Celebrity because of Stunner.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I see you have mentioned Stunner about his brand presence in the Zim Diaspora Community, well that's true to a certain degree. Now some people were not really checking for Stunner at all up until that story of Stunner and Olinda Chapel.

Of course, the story of Olinda Chapel and Stunner is water under the bridge but what I am trying to say is that such things can bring about massive amounts of publicity. Just like Olinda Chapel became a Zim Celebrity because of Stunner.

Not really because Stunner was already being booked to perform in the UK even before Stunner hooked up with Olinda Chapel.

So Stunner never needed Olinda Chapel for any publicity because Stunner's name was bigger than Olinda Chapel's name.

Now back to this Zim Hip Hop artist Tricky J. Has Tricky being a Zim Hip Hop artist ever been booked for any Zim Music Fest in the UK the way people like Stunner, ExQ, Trevor Dongo, Killer T, Winky D etc are booked to perform live?

That shows you how even the promoters in the UK don't see Tricky J as being a top Zim Hip Hop artist or having enough clout to pull a crowd.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Not really because Stunner was already being booked to perform in the UK even before Stunner hooked up with Olinda Chapel. So Stunner never needed Olinda Chapel for any publicity because Stunner's name was bigger than Olinda Chapel's name.

Now back to this Zim Hip Hop artist Tricky J. Has Tricky being a Zim Hip Hop artist ever been booked for any Zim Music Fest in the UK the way people like Stunner, ExQ, Trevor Dongo, Killer T, Winky D etc are booked to perform live? That shows you how even the promoters in the UK don't see Tricky J as being a top Zim Hip Hop artist or having enough clout to pull a crowd.

I will first answer the statement you made about Stunner and Olinda Chapel. You said, "Stunner's brand is bigger than Olinda Chapel's brand," Well, apparently that's not true in the status quo.

Because Olinda Chapel now has much more influence than Stunner especially on social media.

The only person I would worry about is Tytan Skhokho because his brand of being a Zim musician is being overshadowed by the fact that he got married to Olinda Chapel instead of making people focus more on his music rather than his private life with Olinda Chapel.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I will first answer the statement you made about Stunner and Olinda Chapel. You said, "Stunner's brand is bigger than Olinda Chapel's brand," Well, apparently that's not true in the status quo.

Because Olinda Chapel now has much more influence than Stunner especially on social media.

The only person I would worry about is Tytan Skhokho because his brand of being a Zim musician is being overshadowed by the fact that he got married to Olinda Chapel instead of making people focus more on his music rather than his private life with Olinda Chapel.

Welp, Lawd have mercy.:rolleyes: You know what? Olinda Chapel is a perfect example of a clout chaser.

Fame has gotten into Olinda Chapel's head to the put where she takes things so personal about the random trolls who say things about her on social media.

Hence, Olinda Chapel even somewhat reached the extent of coining a social media reference quote of her so-called "BLOCKVILLE." It's so cringeworthy if you ask me.

You are also wrong for saying that Olinda Chapel's brand is bigger than Stunner's brand because Stunner's music hasn't slowed down because he moved on from Olinda Chapel to Dyonne Tafirenyika or perhaps Dyonne Chideme.

The stunner has been releasing quality music ever since he got rid of Olinda Chapel. Now besides the whole Olinda Chapel, Tytan or Stunner stories.

This thread was about Tricky J's music I don't know why we have to discuss Olinda Chapel because she is irrelevant when it comes to the Zim music industry maybe to her sycophants I guess the name Olinda Chapel actually resonances with the people.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Stunner has been releasing quality music ever since he got rid of Olinda Chapel.

You need to have several sits because recent songs released by Stunner e.g "Stunner - Kwese" have been absolute trash, to say the least.

If you consider Stunner's recent efforts as quality Zim Hip Hop music then you need to get your ears checked they are better Zim Hip Hop artists who have been releasing top-notch Zim Hip Hop songs though.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
You need to have several sits because recent songs released by Stunner e.g "Stunner - Kwese" have been absolute trash, to say the least.

If you consider Stunner's recent efforts as quality Zim Hip Hop music then you need to get your ears checked they are better Zim Hip Hop artists who have been releasing top-notch Zim Hip Hop songs though.

Name one Zim Hip Hop artist who has recently released music worth listening to then if you think that Stunner is wack?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Name one Zim Hip Hop artist who has recently released music worth listening to then if you think that Stunner is wack?

Takura's new album "Someone Had To Do It" is definitely a classic Zim Hip Hop album because that body of work is cohesive compared to the trash that some of these Zim Hip Hop artists put out.

To be honest Stunner as a Zim Hip Hop artist he has seen better days and he should take his brand and venture into something else. Zim Hip Hop is a young man's sport isn't Stunner in his 40s right now?

Status
This post is closed for further replies.