BPM differences between Ableton Live and Rekordbox

V

vultureVan

Have you ever encountered a situation where a track exported from Ableton Live DAW at 138 bpm ends up displaying as 138.02 bpm in Rekordbox? This discrepancy can be frustrating, especially when trying to maintain precise tempo across platforms. I'm curious to understand why this shift occurs during the export process. Is it a software issue, or are there specific settings that need adjustment to ensure BPM consistency between Ableton and Rekordbox? If you've experienced similar BPM discrepancies or have insights into this issue, I'd appreciate any advice or solutions to help address this challenge.

recommended
W
When you import a track into rekordbox, it'll automatically analyze the BPM. It's pretty good, but you often have to make manual adjustments. If you know the track is 138, correct it. There are a few ways to do this. Sometimes, just change it to 138 manually and align the start of the grid with the beat.
W

webdev

When you import a track into rekordbox, it'll automatically analyze the BPM. It's pretty good, but you often have to make manual adjustments. If you know the track is 138, correct it. There are a few ways to do this. Sometimes, just change it to 138 manually and align the start of the grid with the beat.

recommended
M

Mark76

It's just a BPM detection error. It happens sometimes. You should be able to manually adjust it. I've never used Recordbox, but I assume it's like Native Instruments Traktor DJ software program where you set the beat grid.