question How much Money do artists Make from Zimdaansaal Riddims?

recommended
It's definitely not as much as you would think because some Zimdancehall producers argue the point that I am doing you a favor to feature you on a new riddim and you know how things are tough with the current Zim's situation.

Upcoming recording artists won't have much reputation to settle for good deals.

And many of them don't even get music publishing royalties paid on time.

It's only the popular Zimdancehall artists that music producers are more likely to show a little bit of respect and conduct the business of music within a fair understanding.

Black Panther

grand master
It depends on how much clout an artist has and that's generally the starting point of negotiation.

The funny thing is many Zimdancehall producers literary make more money than many recording artists themselves.

Especially new artists who don't yet understand the nature of the music business in Zimbabwe are usually taken advantage of up until they get to know how the music industry actually works.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
It's definitely not as much as you would think because some Zimdancehall producers argue the point that I am doing you a favor to feature you on a new riddim and you know how things are tough with the current Zim's situation.

Upcoming recording artists won't have much reputation to settle for good deals.

And many of them don't even get music publishing royalties paid on time.

It's only the popular Zimdancehall artists that music producers are more likely to show a little bit of respect and conduct the business of music within a fair understanding.

recommended

Numero Uno

grand master
One of the major downside within the Zimdancehall music industry is how both Zimdancehall artists and music producers spend too much time beefing with each other.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Not all recording artists earn good money that’s why those artists, in particular, are constantly shading each other on Zimdaansaal songs and be on the internet beefing over trivial things.

Personally, how would you avoid drama if, for example, you wouldn't want to be caught up in such situations?

Queen

grand master
Personally, how would you avoid drama if, for example, you wouldn't want to be caught up in such situations?

I would honestly pay my assistant to run my social media accounts. And stay off this mess.

They always out here claiming to be booked and busy, but have time to beef on some clout chasing shenanigans. It's weird.

Queen

grand master
How about many of those groupies learn to keep their legs closed to married men.

Why would you say that when married men are the ones to be held to an even higher standard because they’re the ones that took the marriage vows.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
On another note, to what extent do groupies also affect how much money Zimdancehall artists bring home?

All that groupies see are dollar signs and that has a huge impact on recording artists who can't manage their money efficiently because in the long run they will be left without any serious investments to keep them afloat.

It has already happened to some.