How do Zimdancehall riddims and albums differ?

recommended
N
There is no difference if the total length of the Zimdancehall riddim is more than 30 minutes; however, if the total length is less than 30 minutes, meaning the riddim has a few songs, then it's an EP (i.e., an extended play musical recording).
N

Nyikadzino

There is no difference if the total length of the Zimdancehall riddim is more than 30 minutes; however, if the total length is less than 30 minutes, meaning the riddim has a few songs, then it's an EP (i.e., an extended play musical recording).

recommended
X

Xochipilli

In other words, some Zimdancehall artists do not have ownership of the songs they have recorded, is that the case?

Yes. There is more money in making your studio album than being featured on a project that ends up being the intellectual property of whoever made it or whatever record company that might give you a one-time payment. Sometimes you can be entitled to mechanical royalties depending on the deal, but we all know in Zimbabwe that is less likely. The standard procedure is work-for-hire i.e., the commissioning party owns all rights from the very start even if the contract is breached.