Why do many Zimdancehall artists only stick to that genre?

A

Algirdas Vitebsk

Would it not be a good idea for a Zimdancehall artist to try other genres music in order for them broaden their audience? I am sure there are some who would be able to do that instead of making a whole bunch of repetitive records.

recommended
M
Different styles of music have separate groups of people interested in them i.e., not counting those who like more than one genre. For example, if you want to put out music for different groups, you have to get the word out to all those groups. You have to divide your time. The question for you is: Can you keep up with recording artists working only in one of those crowded forms of music, in quality or amount of output? What would make your songs different? Is it possible to create a unique sound by thinly spreading your efforts across different music types? Simply looking at it from that view: It's a big risk to try to get into multiple subgenres if you don't already have a strong position in at least one.
M

Maeva

Different styles of music have separate groups of people interested in them i.e., not counting those who like more than one genre. For example, if you want to put out music for different groups, you have to get the word out to all those groups. You have to divide your time. The question for you is: Can you keep up with recording artists working only in one of those crowded forms of music, in quality or amount of output? What would make your songs different? Is it possible to create a unique sound by thinly spreading your efforts across different music types? Simply looking at it from that view: It's a big risk to try to get into multiple subgenres if you don't already have a strong position in at least one.

recommended
G

Gifty Phyna

Mastering a music style you truly enjoy comes naturally. Likewise, building a steady income is simpler when fans know exactly what to expect from your musical compositions.