Njuzu yechirume and njuzu yechikadzi is there a difference?

From a spiritual perspective, what's the main difference between njuzu yechirume ("merman") and njuzu yechikadzi ("mermaid") particularly in the context of Chivanhu?

recommended
@Munyaradzi Mafaro

Both njuzu yechirume and njuzu yechikadzi are all mashavi or mashave ("alien spirits"). There ain't no major difference that is worth writing paragraphs about.

Except a merman is more aggressive and less patient especially when a comparison is made between those who have shavi renjuzu yechirume and those who have shavi renjuzu yechikadzi.

And having said that, is there anything else you wanna know with respect to mashavi enjuzu because my answer may be too concise than what you are actually trying to understand?

Bombastus

@Munyaradzi Mafaro

Both njuzu yechirume and njuzu yechikadzi are all mashavi or mashave ("alien spirits"). There ain't no major difference that is worth writing paragraphs about.

Except a merman is more aggressive and less patient especially when a comparison is made between those who have shavi renjuzu yechirume and those who have shavi renjuzu yechikadzi.

And having said that, is there anything else you wanna know with respect to mashavi enjuzu because my answer may be too concise than what you are actually trying to understand?

recommended

Queen

grand master
I am gonna add to what @Bombastus said, njuzu yechirume can work with a woman and vice-versa njuzu yechikadzi can work with a man. I am guessing this might be your underlying question.

Eventually, that person ("munhu ane mweya wenjuzu") will most likely end up being a traditional healer or a prophesier if they don't die in the process, that is.

Chidinma

@Queen @Bombastus okay, what about in the event that a person who has mashavi enjuzu dies a natural death what happens to that mermaid or merman spirit?

If you die, you die and you are dead; notwithstanding njuzu will still move forward to find yet another host. Of course, rinse and repeat until eternity. I tell you what? You have to know njuzu isn't something that's gonna be loyal to one person or tribe and accordingly it's called shavi in Chivanhu to begin with.

Queen

grand master
@Chidinma @Bombastus I have heard that some Mapostori use mashavi enjuzu to heal people and prophecize.

But if shavi renjuzu is a spirit of a dead person like what @Queen said, isn't there something wrong with that because in Christianity, Jesus Christ should be the focal point; the cynosure of all followers and not mashavi, vadzimu, or mhondoro?

Just to reiterate, yes anything to do with mashavi has a spirit of a deceased person closely associated with it.

And the rationale behind why a particular Mupostanga makes a decision to use shavi renjuzu is so that they can build a name for themselves (kuita mukurumbira) and make money out of it, periodt.

They are not really interested in Chipostori the same way some fake Prophets use snakes ("zvikwambo") to build their congregation so that money earned from tithes increases.

Think of this in terms of business and not in terms of someone who really believes in a religious alliance between Chivanhu and Christianity.

Hence there can never be an amalgamation between the two given that from a Christianity perspective: "If it's not the Holy Spirit, it's Diablo and his demons," there aren't any "ifs, ands, or buts," when it comes to that.

Bombastus

@Munyaradzi Mafaro

Vapostori you are referring to who use njuzu are first and foremost traditional healers who swindle people in broad daylight and they quite frankly have the same modus operandi as any fraudulent tsikamutanda.

However, shavi renjuzu doesn't care at all whether you decide to become Mupostori or not. As long as you are on good terms with it best believe that's fine already.