Do Zim fashion bloggers really make money from their boutiques?

Numero Uno

grand master
From a business perspective how successful are Zimbabwean fashion bloggers and do their fashion boutiques really do well financially?

recommended
Fashion boutiques are ubiquitous at every corner, especially in the CBD areas in Harare and Bulawayo. But it's only a few that make real money worth talking about. Some of them exist for the sole purpose of money laundering.

Queen

grand master
Fashion boutiques are ubiquitous at every corner, especially in the CBD areas in Harare and Bulawayo. But it's only a few that make real money worth talking about. Some of them exist for the sole purpose of money laundering.

recommended

Queen

grand master
If the economy of Zimbabwe is down like it is, what's the source of capital, I mean where do many Zim fashion bloggers get money to open clothing shops?

When you talk about Zimbabwean fashion bloggers starting a business are you specifically referring to the Zim male fashion bloggers or Zim female fashion bloggers?

Queen

grand master
Both but mainly making reference to Zim female bloggers.

It depends, you know some Zim celebs already have money so the fashion shops, they open are more like a side hustle to keep themselves busy.

Then there are those who come from a poor background, but slowly build their way up until they have enough capital to run a clothing boutique.

Scorpio

grand master
If the economy of Zimbabwe is down like it is, what's the source of capital, I mean where do many Zimbabwe fashion bloggers get money to open clothing shops?

The untold story which I think may be common sense to some is that many of those Zim celebs you see looking all fancy on social media got their startup money from blessers.

I am not saying all of them slay queens have been blessees but those who know, really know what I am talking about. They say the best place to hide things is in plain sight so look to see if y'all can notice something.

Queen

grand master
Almost every Zim celeb including those Zim slay queens you can think of from the top of your head has a boutique somewhere in the city center.

They import their stock at cheap prices and slap an exorbitant mark up on each item. In the long run this type of business doesn't build the Zim economy because there aren't enough producers but more of importers around.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
They import their stock at cheap prices and slap an exorbitant mark up on each item. In the long run this type of business doesn't build the Zim economy because there aren't enough producers but more of importers around.

Even some Zim celebs who claim to be friends with each other have this notion geared towards supporting the next upcoming slay queen who is in the same line business as theirs.

I don't see how this works out to be honest since you are propping up your future competition.

Queen

grand master
Even some Zim celebs who claim to be friends with each other have this notion geared towards supporting the next upcoming slay queen who is in the same line business as theirs.

I don't see how this works out to be honest since you are propping up your future competition.

Maybe it's a way of avoiding being called a hater so you gotta support the next person you are not even close to like that. It's all a matter of putting on a facade that's how I see it.

Scorpio

grand master
What's weird is the idea of them all doing the same thing like selling clothes. Not enough innovation I guess in the slay queen area of investing money.

Many slay queens don't wanna risk all that money earned from blessers in unchartered waters so they look at what the next socialite is doing and they repeat the same thinking pattern.

Queen

grand master
How about flipping the script into fields which aren't crowded by other Zim celebs and capitalize off that?

The downside of doing that from their perspective is mainly rooted in their desire to make their lifestyle as stable as possible. As a result, they end up being extremely risk averse.

Don't forget many of them have children outside of wedlock with deadbeat dads so the money has to come fast otherwise, how will they look after their offspring?