How difficult is it to start a record label in South Africa?

recommended
E
Launching a record label ain't no walk in the park, but it's doable. First off, figure out the music genre you're vibing with – like, what style of music speaks to your soul. Then, sketch out a dope business plan, covering cash flow, hype-building, and getting those beats out there. Make your label legit, get all the paperwork in order, licenses, and permits – keep it official.

Build your crew – artists, producers, promo kings – assemble the dream team. Hustle in the industry, connect with the big shots, and hit up socials to give your label that digital drip. Stay on your grind, and learn from the setbacks, 'cause success is a marathon, not a sprint. It's gonna take time and sweat but keep pushing

Black Panther

grand master
I am not really in South Africa but I have got a place in Camps Bay so I go back and forth.

I think it would make more sense if you make more time for your business interests in South Africa than moving back and forth in-between places since you want to start and run a record label in South Africa.

E

Enola Bonham

Launching a record label ain't no walk in the park, but it's doable. First off, figure out the music genre you're vibing with – like, what style of music speaks to your soul. Then, sketch out a dope business plan, covering cash flow, hype-building, and getting those beats out there. Make your label legit, get all the paperwork in order, licenses, and permits – keep it official.

Build your crew – artists, producers, promo kings – assemble the dream team. Hustle in the industry, connect with the big shots, and hit up socials to give your label that digital drip. Stay on your grind, and learn from the setbacks, 'cause success is a marathon, not a sprint. It's gonna take time and sweat but keep pushing

recommended