Status
This post is closed for further replies.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Killer T is definitely a hardworking Zimdancehall artiste and my take on Killer T's music is that he makes music with a message and he doesn't lean towards ignorance to generate publicity, unlike some Zimdancehall artists.

Of course, not all Killer T's songs have an inspirational message.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
Killer T is definitely a hardworking Zimdancehall artiste and my take on Killer T's music is that he makes music with a message and he doesn't lean towards ignorance to generate publicity, unlike some Zimdancehall artists.

Of course, not all Killer T's songs have an inspirational message.

Fo sho! Killer T has built a loyal fan base over the years and that's commendable. Like you said Killer T makes inspirational Zimdancehall music.

But do you think Killer T has the potential to be a continental Dancehall star?

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Fo sho! Killer T has built a loyal fan base over the years and that's commendable. Like you said Killer T makes inspirational Zimdancehall music.

But do you think Killer T has the potential to be a continental Dancehall star?

I tell you what, I don't know what the future holds for Killer T as a Dancehall artist. All I can say is impossible is nothing.

However, the question of Killer T being a continental or an international Dancehall star is self-explanatory with the current state of affairs.

If Killer T is gonna make moves towards being an international Dancehall star he definitely needs to make music that caters to the mainstream market.

And language is one of the barriers in accomplishing that because Killer T's music is mostly in Shona which means the selling point would be the instrumental (or the beat) since the international audience will not be able to understand the lyrics.

Borrowdale Barron

grand master
I tell you what, I don't know what the future holds for Killer T as a Dancehall artist. All I can say is impossible is nothing.

However, the question of Killer T being a continental or an international Dancehall star is self-explanatory with the current state of affairs.

If Killer T is gonna make moves towards being an international Dancehall star he definitely needs to make music that caters to the mainstream market.

And language is one of the barriers in accomplishing that because Killer T's music is mostly in Shona which means the selling point would be the instrumental (or the beat) since the international audience will not be able to understand the lyrics.

Yeah, you are right about the language barrier.

What about if Killer switches to Patois as a means to deal with the language barrier of marketing Zimdancehall music.

Lenard

Lenard Maseko
Yeah, you are right about the language barrier. What about if Killer switches to Patois as a means to deal with the language barrier of marketing Zimdancehall music.

I don't think that Killer T making Dancehall music and incorporating Patois is a good idea because some of his loyal fan bases might be put off with that.

So basically I just don't think that would be a good marketing strategy to go with.

Status
This post is closed for further replies.