Is it not counterproductive for audio software developers to make AI tools?

G

Guntrisha LaShondra

What is the end game of audio software developers who are keen on improving artificial intelligence-related plugs when that has the potential to replace both mastering and mixing sound engineers? If AI music becomes so good who will buy the plugs?

Attachments

• Is it not counterproductive for audio software developers to make AI tools.png
    Is it not counterproductive for audio software developers to make AI tools.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 56
recommended
P
What's scary about it?

You still need a human prompt to execute it.

A human also has to decide what is good or what is garbage.
G

Gifty Phyna

No, it's not. It just makes aspiring audio engineers feel insecure about the future. Because seeing AI unfold in real time over the years is so satisfying and also a bit terrifying, especially for those whose skill is mediocre.

J

Jatropha

No, it's not. It just makes aspiring audio engineers feel insecure about the future. Because seeing AI unfold in real time over the years is so satisfying and also a bit terrifying, especially for those whose skill is mediocre.

LMAO, I don't see what's so terrifying about it honestly. I just find it fascinating.

L

Lawson

AI music software will not replace real musicians or film composers, so there is no need to fear it. It's not like all that AI art is actually real art. It doesn't have a soul. Music has soul you know. Even the boring tunes.

C

Congo Dust

Okay, consider this: AI is just an instrument, AI can be seen as a tool, created by humans, with which we can make art. Like brushes or clay with which you can make paintings or sculptures. For me, human thought in itself can be considered art; whether it's in the form of a painting with brush strokes, in the form of a sculpture with the help of clay/stone, or in digital form via AI.

D

David Maxwell

It's counterproductive only to small developers who haven't jumped on the bandwagon. There is more money to be made when average people can make music with a push of a button compared to the current number of professional audio guys. Income from subscriptions will go up for sure to use an ideal AI generator.

P

Postman

What's scary about it?

You still need a human prompt to execute it.

A human also has to decide what is good or what is garbage.

recommended
A

AngryPigeons

I think there's a difference between the "self-expression" side of music, and the "commercial" side. The A-list musicians whose income relies on fans will not be replaced, but musicians who make a living by writing and performing for companies might be i.e., those who make generic corporate jingles.

N

NWO Prime Minister

How is making music with a mouse different from AI? To me, it's all the same. It's a beat-making process of trial and error until the user gets the right output after making a series of prompts telling a computer program what to do and deleting what sounds bad.

Z

Ze Man Who Eat Ze Bugs

There will always be a place for real art. Every human is technically an AI of its own and these small variations are what make it possible to have such different creations all of which are an expression of the unique configuration of each human. The AI is not really doing anything different from a commissioned artist, is it? It's just really fast. You could do the exact same thing but you would need to do a bit of research and then spend a lot of time making it. It's the speed that's the real concern here however what's interesting is that if I tell you to create something whose concepts you have a decent understanding of you too could mentally generate it even faster than an AI....we just can't convert these into reality.

S

Shadab

I vehemently oppose AI technology because those who are deploying it do not care about the average person but are driven by the need to make more record profits for their firms. It's quite clear this type of technological advancement benefits just the few who control these applications. AI technology will be able to manage increasing levels of complexity at a faster rate, leaving many people jobless.

A

Anselm

It's not necessarily counterproductive for audio software developers to make AI tools. In fact, many audio software developers are using AI to create new and innovative tools that can help users process and manipulate audio in ways that were previously impossible. For example, some AI-powered audio tools can automatically transcribe speech, separate different instruments in a recording, or even generate original music. While there are certainly some challenges and limitations to using AI in the audio field, many developers believe that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

W

Widzo

I vehemently oppose AI technology because those who are deploying it do not care about the average person but are driven by the need to make more record profits for their firms. It's quite clear this type of technological advancement benefits just the few who control these applications. AI technology will be able to manage increasing levels of complexity at a faster rate, leaving many people jobless.

It's understandable that some people like you may have concerns about the potential impacts of AI technology on employment and the economy. However, it's important to remember that AI can also bring many benefits, such as improved efficiency, cost savings, and the ability to tackle complex tasks that are beyond the capabilities of humans.

Also, while AI may automate some jobs, it can also create new jobs and opportunities in areas such as AI development, data science, and technical support. It's also worth noting that the deployment and control of AI technology is not solely in the hands of a few companies or individuals, but rather a collective effort involving many different stakeholders, including governments, researchers, and members of the public.